Turbo ls vtec hatch build.

didnt want to put this in writeups because its not that in depth. just putting my winter project up for some feedback.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37551&highlight=ls+vtec

i picked up this car a little while ago and starting getting to work.
since i bought it i put on a new radiator and fan, and a new valve cover that was powdercoated and painted wrinkle black. I also am putting together my turbo parts.

This is the peakboost turbo kit i got. along with this i ordered a 255 whalbro fuel pump and some 750cc RC injectors and made an appointment to be tuned up at evans in february.

http://cheapturbo.stores.yahoo.net/hobtukit1.html

I am shooting for 350 wheel horse and run somewhere in the 11’s.

constructive criticism is welcomed.

lsvtec boost is hot …gl

put some pic of the install up and such

will do. work on the car is starting this weekend. just got the heater for the garage so i can hideout and get to work. definitely should be a fun car for summer.

nice car, i was going to trade my teg for this, which i should have. Good luck man, cant wait to see this thing in the summer.

wtf are “-Toga bearings”

??

SRP’s back in the day had a shitty rep but I’m not sure what the deal is with them these days…but seeing as the motor is all together and all I wouldn’t worry about it, just watch the timing, but evans is tuning it so u should be straight. DO NOT boost the car before/while driving there…if u tow it, all the better.

u should hit 300-400 whp no prob on the setup

i am not familiar with those either. i sent all my info to evans/paid today so they are ready. he was actually looking forward to a higher compression ls vtec turbo and said he would like to see me in the 350 to 400 range. so all in all im excited.

Just do not boost it, I know its very tempting, before you get tuned. vacuum driving only.

i will most likely get a trailor for this because it will still be very snowy and salty, and also i have not cheaped out on these parts and im not into it breaking b4 i drive it. thanks for the advice.

side note can i take the spring out of the wastegate and prevent the car from boosting. im not to sure but it seems possible.

also. evans offers to their future customers the availability of sending a map that will enable the car to be driven safely to the shop for a tune. guess its the perks of going to evans.

Jeff just got married. i would look into AFI turbo kit instead of Peakboost.

http://www.afiturbo.com/

jesse is a man of his word and makes really nice shit. i ran all of his stuff.

any shop can send u a basemap, but i guarantee u its not guaranteed

yeah u can pull the spring out of the wg, but if u have a high pressure spring in there, its a pain in the ass to get it back in w/o help… controlling yourself is easier :stuck_out_tongue:

i had a 17psi spring in my wg and i had to have mike from innovative stand on the wg while i bolted it down haha

Jeff will send you a base map. its like 150 i think but he takes it off your total bill.

haha yea. im most likely gonna trailor her up their. All my peakboost stuff was ordered a few weeks ago and should be here by friday. other wise i would look into that. thanks for the advice though.

yea they seem very helpful in making everything work. umm btw that link seems like its under construction cuz i was gonna peek around for price info just as a comparison but it doesnt seem to be working.

toga makes bearings and high vol oil pumps for hondas. I have a toga oil pump in my accord and it still gave me 60psi oil pressure even with a spun bearing, when cold anyway. I have no idea how good the bearings are. At least the 750cc injectors are overkill for your setup, id use them and crank the boost up, go for at least 425whp

750cc is what was suggested right from evans tuning. i worked with them the last few weeks to ensure a pretty solid build and tune. i cant really crank up the boost super high because of the compression. i was thinking around 10-12 psi

his prices are cheaper then peakboost and instead of a 38mm they give you a 44mm and better manifold. call them and talk to jesse. dealers also on his site sell his stuff. i always talk to jesse direct. i have 2 of his manifolds i have to send back in my garage if you want to see his craftsmanship

hmmmmm. seeing as i already ordered my stuff im just gonna stick with it for now. i was referred to peakboost because of their craftmanship so ill see how it goes.

does anyone have any info about the compression being a little higher. how much boost is going to be reasonable. i talked to evans and i would like to compare some opinions.

do a check on them. they have a lot of there manifolds crack and it takes for ever to warranty them. 2 out of the 2 manifolds local cracked.

Listen to Evans he has tuned more Hondas then anyone on this board. he is probably one of the best honda tuners in the US. Full-Race doesnt fly him out to tune all there cars for nothing.

http://www.tunerheadquarters.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_18&products_id=11

http://www.tunerheadquarters.com/product_info.php?cPath=17_18&products_id=9

750 is not overkill, better to go large and not max out than to go small and have to go thru the hassle of re-doing the injectors and then adjusting the fuel maps, esp when the tuner is that far away

What specific questions do u have w/ the compression and boost? It’ll be fine, u just have to tune accordingly for it, i.e. not using a tune for a 8.5:1 motor on your motor.

ahh ok. sorta like SPOOM products :lol: