TV Geeks: Help Me Pick A New Set

i agree, thats why i read avsforums!

^^
maybe back in 1999… my LG plasma gets abused all the time and never burns or has any problems…

plasma FTW until LED or better.

I’ve been looking at 50 in. Plasmas for a solid month now and have narrowed it down to 2.

Panasonic TH-50PX77U

and the Samsung HPT5064

Neither of them compare to the Pioneer 5080 but price wise they really aren’t in the same league. $1700 vs. $3000.

I am leaning more towards the Panasonic based on the rave reviews and antiglare screen. I viewed it in person today and it really cuts down on the typical plasma glare. The down side is lack of a PC input on the panasonic, but I doubt I would really use it that much anyway.

what is with all this plasma glare talk?, i never see glare, am i missing something somewhere?

just curious?

yeah. 0 glare with my plasma. never close the blinds. sun shines directly on it. i still think it is midnight. i must have a special one

seriously, i dont have much glare on mine, but i have my blinds closed all the time.

fixed…

Id buy a plasma way before a lcd from my experiences. Just go to speaker shop and tell them what your looking for…

Supposedly the new Hitachi 50" Dirctor’s Series is good. Any other plasmas worth looking at that are a bit less than the Pioneer Elite and are still 1080p (other than those already mentioned in the thread)?

Hitachi’s are bomb, that is established, but the Pioneer Elites are freeking god…

They have a few of them at speakershop…

that would be a 55, I have the 42 right now and I want to upgrade

I think I will have to go see Matt at Speakershop tonight…

yeah, i love that place!!!

one of the only local places that sells b&w speakers also

It seems like I should go with either Hitachi, Panasonic, or Pioneer if I do the plasma. Am I on the right track? Panny makes a nice 50" 1920x1080 that I can get for about $2700. That seems to be my best bet so far.

I would say that, if the Best buy has a magnolia buy you they where clearing out the hitachi 55hdx99 not that long ago for $2800

if you don’t mind the drive go to sound works in pittsford ny ask the Andrew

sam, if you want, i will go with you to speaker shop tonight…just give me a call. i need to go there again tonight so let me know.

Thanks Joe. I will probably take a look tonight.

Right now I am looking at the following:
Samsung FP-T5084
Panasonic TH-50PF9UK
Panasonic TH-50PZ700U
Pioneer PDP-5010FD

Any input? Also, feel free to add any other 50-55" 1920x1080 plasmas that I should also consider.

Thats where i bought my first HT setup, great place!!!

dealcatcher.com has a good deal on a Sharp 42 LCD 1080P. Its circuit city and 50 dollar shipping.

Thanks for the heads up but I really want 50" and up.