TW raising rates...

Plain and simple: TW does not have Dish’s Channel 498.

I love how any thread involving a provider turns into a real shitfest…

Fact TW is raising their price

If you don’t like, pay some other provider and shut the F up… how hard is that.

Isn’t Verizon the phone company with that same sort of contract? Plus the seem to always have more and bigger equipment. TWC seems to be all sub contracted (I think I’ve only once had a truck with TWC or Adelphia, markings come to my house).

To aviod that, just don’t raise basic cable rates?

I have Center ICE with TWC, would dish honor my current subscription to help me switch or am I screwed?

What internet options do I have besides dial-up with Dish?

I do like the 1080P on demand service. Is that just for the pay on demand or the free and HBO on demand stuff?

Internet in my area seems to go down often, the digital cable HD stations can be futzy. I always get the same answer from the techs “there’s a problem between the two poles, we improved it but its out of our control”.

What about CBC? Does Dish have CBC?

All in all not really all the impressed with TWC. Especially when they have ads that claim on time prompt appointments and an end to the usual cable thing. When we needed a tech to come look at our internet that gave us a time window. 7-12? 12-2? no 7-7! Basically someone will show up at sometime during the day.

And if I have to hear them give me the banter about unplugging and re-plugging my modem in again I’m going to flip…

Are the “TurboHD” packages stand alone packages or would I get Standard Definition channels from one of their packages too?

TurboHD Gold Channels (not offered by TWC)

* Big Ten Network2
* Bravo HD
* CBS College Sports
* CNBC HD
* Bravo HD
* DISH Network ON DEMAND1
* DISH Network PAY PER VIEW1
* Encore
* Golf Channel HD
* HD Theater
* Lifetime
* NFL Network HD
* USA HD
* Weather Channel HD
* WGN America

TWC has these which Dish Doesn’t offer:
Outdoor Network
CI Network
700 Sabres Home HD network :slight_smile:
SPEED HD
FX HD
Fox News HD

Not sure DISH on:
SNY HD
MSG HD
YES HD

Honestly the only ones I would like from the Dish network package, NFL Network (not even an option), USA, and Weather Channel would be nice to have. Not torn up about them.

Rates go up, but doesn’t seem too bad really, not as much as I thought. Hmmm. I guess I’m just more comfortable with the one I’m with right now, plus I don’t have to worry about 1453 (just an example) to go to channel 4, it will be…4 or 704 :slight_smile:

New York City TWC I guess offers a lot of HD channels and its only a matter of time for us to get them?

Ok well you guys argue about it, i’m off to the bar. And yes, we’re pretty far behind the wave as far as channels/features go.

actually a good point was brought up, does dish have cbc?

negative

that’s a deal breaker for me. I don’t know what I would do without Hockey Night in Canada double headers on saturdays. :frowning:

go out? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, only place i go out these days is to the garage to work, or to the bar down the street for dinner and a few beers.

During the winter, I don’t do a whole lot of anything outside the house.

Wait, with time warner I am missing out on the following HD Channels? Golf Network, Lifetime, Bravo, Weather Channel, WGN, and CNBC???

WHAT THE FUCK? I NEED DISH NETWORK!!!

HNIC is shown on the NHL Network (in HD) on Direct TV.

dish also gets NHL network HD

so does TWC

Lets face it, we’re all getting screwed in some way.

some people get together with their friends to watch HNIC, the bar’s close at 4 am, the games end before that :slight_smile:

I juss called in to possibly cancel service, and because I’m on a promotional price, i was told my rate will not increase, save for an extra $1 for the dvr.

I may make my mind up within the next few days to just call and cancel tv service, apparently even if I drop tv I can keep my $30 internet.

Ed…the 2nd game ends at roughly 1. Then they start playing game 1 again…hehe.