Underbody Coating.

100-125ish

Bwaaaahhahahaha :rofl::mamoru::lolham: Quote of the year!!!

I would only use this stuff if there was no surface rust/oxidation under the car already… if not, it could cause alot more problems/accelerate the rusting/rotting process

edit: shit, tom beat me to it lol

A spray bottle costs $10. 4 Qts of your old oil is free since you were going to recycle it anyway. One of my friends used to all of his own vehicles that way, and it worked very well. I may do that to the Sentra shortly. The Miata needs an oil change before it gets stored, so theres 4 qts of free oil to use.

Im not 100% sure but dosent used motor oil become acidic from being used in a gasoline engine? or is that a ploy by the oil companies to change your oil every 6 months. even if the car dosent hit the 3000 mile mark. Also the schmits “stuff” is almost as thick as grease after they spray it in every nook and cranny under your car. i dont think used 30w would last a whole season.

it’s not the oil itself - that’s just good ole carbonates - it’s the additives that are mixed in.

Just like You don’t get “pure” refined gasoline - You also get the additives that the companies throw in.

Yea, I don’t forsee such lightweight oil lasting through a season of bring dragged through the shit.

Delta Sonic does rust proofing for 79 bucks. They spray the bottom of the car and also do inside the doors, hood and trunk.

my concern is the fact I have gas return lines, and brake lines that have seen better days under the car.

Im afraid I coat this shit on, they could leak underneath the coating, then I would have to somehow remove all that gunk to replace them during the winter… not fun.

Uh, oil on rubber hoses = bad news.

So uh… like how is this supposed to work without screwing up other parts of your car?

Jon is this the undercoating that comes with a “showroom detail” were the “bottom” of the car consists of the wheel wells and the jams involve a lithium grease sprayed on the hinges or is it somehting else. as a side note i once sprayed my face with that shit at delta sonic it sucks to get off

You can spray a Line-X truck bed coating on…probably works amazing since it did on my last truck

I just called Schmitt’s. 100 bucks for a complete rust proof and they recommend coming back the year after for a chassis-only spray ($50), then the year after that for the full rust proof again, etc. etc.

I’m gonna give Delta Sonic a call later and see what their deal is. If anyone knows how these 2 services compare, do tell.

rust stop is not oil.

Well, took the sister’s 04 Mazda 6 into Schmitt’s yesterday.

$99.95 + tax.
Dropped off @ 9 am, picked up @ 3 pm.
Beat on it for 4-5 miles to burn off the overspray.
Picked up sister from work, where she commented on the “jelly” that seemed to be “all up in the door jambs”. :lol:

Looked like they did a helluva job covering the car, but the brakes were pretty grabby.

Will update in springtime. :slight_smile:

Nick

Thanks for the update, what do you think of the stuff? look like its gonna hold up? any thoughts?

Jeller

jeller, when i worked there, there was an early 80s monte that used to come in every year for that shit. it had rust on it… around the windshield. lol

your car will rot from the top down, and not the bottom up with this shit. it really is amazing.

Since I think that You know: Any reason to worry about brake pad contamination?
When I picked up the car they were grabbing but braking was vastly reduced (as if they were HOT as a mofo). It seemed consistently poor for me for 4-5 miles until I delivered the car to my sister, but then again I dont drive it often.

KTHX

they do spray wheel wells, but but not the wheels or brakes. its possible that there was some over spray on them though.

hit them with some brake cleaner.

:tup:

I glanced the car over rather quickly but i did notice a couple of slicks on the tires. I’ll try to get ahold of her this weekend.

editI hope they dont actively spray the brakes… lol

nah, they arent delta sonic… the people that shine your brake and clutch pedals :bloated: