Unique vs. Functional

basically why I am doing the sr in s10. except i bought the s10, but it was only $500. lol

It sounds like your just poor and jealous of the people that have the money and the resources to pull off a crazy swap.

perhaps they didn’t read the entire swap thread. labor was free and to make the power he is making on the 2JZ with this stock engine would have cost more.

This topic always make me laugh on the subject of my camaro.

http://mattdanger.net/images/motivation/2004293647_ace4e1ecc1.jpg

I definitely am. lol

haha

that’s super funny, and not the case at all

I choose not to heavily mod my cars, but not because I am poor

i like being different but still keeping it functional. Ala my custom title. I also enjoy setting my 30th apart from the other 1599 30th’s they produced.

Then your assumption would be wrong. They either bought an M5 without a drivetrain or sold off the one that was in it (for $6k to $8k depending on condition). To go big on an S62 you’re looking at $10k-20k depending on goals. You HAVE to sleeve the motor if you are pushing over 550whp.

Anyway, as for the original topic, doing something unique that is cool (RB e30) is one thing (Combines, Cool with Awesome), but doing something like a SHO motor in a Camaro, or a VG in an S13? :suicide: (suck + suck and suck + disposable chassis).

I’m poor too. :frowning:

Yeah did you read the m5 thread at all? He basically put in a motor with a lot of potential for about the same price as it would cost to have his motor modded to make his horse power goals. They also did a very clean swap.

I won’t do something that’s “played out” but I’m not going to do something that is not effective in any sense of the word for the sake of being unique.

SOB stole my example! lol

Creativity is great, and it is the vein of the industry but when I think of creativity I think of someone who’s done something different and not too functional. When I think of something different and functional I prefer to think of that as ingenuity.

money=cars cars=money
me=no money=modding a honda

I didn’t vote because both choices are far from being mutually exclusive. I definitely like being unique. But, cheap and effective works too. I see no reason some can’t have both.

Bottom line is, It depends on how much money you have.

Unique = Cash to burn
Cheap & Effective = broke

As long as it works. But for just being unique ehhh…

Being unique is nice and what not, but I wouldn’t sacrifice functionality for it.

Amen.

Not only do we waste tons of money, but everything we buy/do is depreciating. If we had stamp/coin collections at least we would be increasing our net worths. :banghead:

Whn LSX mtrs started showing up in old muscle cars it was unique, now its just overdone. You cant go to a car show and not see one. lsx is a great platform but i love the cheapness of a gen 1 dinosaur

i have a pretty common rb swap in my car, and at the same time its a lil different because every person that see’s my car asks the same question, “hey u got a red top or a black top sr20 in there”
so i guess my vote would be stick with what works and what u can handle, i kno i couldnt pull off putting an rb26 into a e30, so i wouldnt even try.
and didnt newman have that 26 from his previous car? so he kinda just went with motor x and shell y.
so i guess if u have both x and y and u have the means 2 do it, y the hell not.

NYStamp - New Yorks ONLY Statewide Stamp Forum

:rimshot:

I think the longer you’re in the ‘automotive scene’ you get bored of seeing the same cars / swaps / etc. over and over again. It’s refreshing to see different ideas and creative work.

But I also think some people get hung up on trying to be so different that they create cars that are less functional and worse performing for too much money and time.

i think he’s just mad that bolt on GSRs pull 350Zs