Updated: 2009 Nissan 370Z launch Promo [9 mins] w/ "SynchroRev Match" demo

Updated 11/21/08: Added “Style of Fairlady Z” to the thread.

Pay attention to the “SynchroRev Match” demo in the video. According to Nissan’s press release, it is the world’s first automated rev matching system for a full manual transmission, essentially eliminating the use of “Heel & Toe” downshift action.

Enjoy!

[youtube=425,350]-FzGHCLeerE[/youtube]

Style of Fairlady Z:
[youtube=425,350]5cCSqNmPMvM[/youtube]

now i could be wrong… but the valve system reminds me of the k20a’s system… where it reduces pumping losses somehow

Damn. That’s a pretty cool video. And I don’t know if I like that idea of the engine rev-matching for you, I’ll have to drive it to see if it works smoothly or not ;D I can’t wait!

Are you talking about the VVEL?

Oh. My. God. That is awesome.

:excited

fuck a 350z, I’m getting one of these

I like it!

Updated 11/21/08: Added “Style of Fairlady Z” to the thread.

cool

“SynchroRev Match”
That takes the fun out of it and makes idiots look good at driving

Since when is good driving defined totally by the ability to rev match?

Because 90% of the people who claim they can “drive a manual transmission” really have no clue what the fuck they are really doing. He never said it was defined completely by one’s ability to rev-match, either.

Car is pretty sweet. I don’t really like the way it looks from the rear though. Oh well.

I don’t know about 90%, but I get what you’re saying.

The second my dad gets one in I’ll be sure to take 34348894578 pics and post a review on how it drives ;D

like i have said before, thats another reason to own a nissan

perfect engineeering

:wtf ? One cool feature is not perfect engineering :lol

Yeah man, your car is a prime example. Wish I got me one of those perfectly engineered Sentras instead of my cookie-cutter Cobalt.

350 looks pretty sleek…Deff will have to be on the look out for these . Hope one comes in the shop!!!

dude like i said before, I love nissans, its my platform…

but hop off carlos ghosin’s nutz