Upgraded Seat belts / harness Question

Harnesses should always be used with some sort of rollover protection for safety. I could build you an extrememly tight fitting cage to the back half of your car and still make the rear mostly useable. Stuff I’m known for :slight_smile:

Use a CG lock on the OEM restraint to keep you in the seat tighter. While not a harness, they do work for the most part. Many versions around, something like this: http://www.dawesmotorsportsstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8710_12234_12235&products_id=2727 They’re cheap enough to try out and if they don’t work, toss out…

^I’ll have to try one of those out, that might be the ticket. Right now I have the automatic seat belts but will be switching over to manual soon.

the “actual” manufacture is called CG Lock http://www.cg-lock.com/index.html There’s cheaper versions around, I’ve used above model in a customer 968 and they do offer some added retention. Keeps your butt from moving around too much…

Again, not a harness but better than nothing.

you sick fucks.

In highschool, I banged my gf in a motorhome when i worked at an undisclosed rv dealership in my home town… the rv was parked right infront of the smoke break table, we walked out not knowing people were at the table, and they all gave me a round of applause.

:rofl

Ive got some seats and harnesses for ya

What you got? PM me or post on here.

Steve-

Slide seat all the way back, yank hard to lock it out, and while applying pressure still slide your seat forward until you’re comfortable and held tightly in place.

You’re not doing it right until you think you might not be able to take a full breath without breaking something :rofl

I’ll try locking the seat belt in a couple hours when I get out of work.

ok, my .02 cents…

I have the harness mostly because they were free but also because it definitely does hold me in place better (and I’m sure you are referring to my car as the one you rode in haha)

however, I kept my stock seat belts as well. When I am daily driving it I use those. If you want to, you can take a look at mine and see how I have them mounted

Yeah your car referring to I was :lol I’ll check them out next time.

pm’d you on a little device that may work well for you.

Yeah, never drive on the street with 4 pts. If you ever drive your car on the street, keep the stock 3pt.

I know

dont use that tone with me steven

I don’t give a fuck dad

did Uncle bad touch miss anything?

i’ve used a schroth rallye-4 bolt in with the corbeau cr-1’s in my e36 and i’m happy with them.

no cage yet, but will eventually have a “touring” style setup fabbed in.

harnesses work the best with a harness bar, but function properly without, as long as they are secured correctly.

the 4 point tailstraps should be bolted in the rear floorpan to your factory mouting points as they are load tested for thousands of pounds of force. for a 3 point, you may also use the c-pillar stock belt mounting point.

i’ve had harnesses in 3 cars now with no issues… 1 corbeau, and 2 schroth’s.

the schroth is only of the only d.o.t. approved ones, as its also TUV approved, which has even stricter standards.

schroth harnesses also don’t let you “slouch,” or “submarine,” under the belt easily.