Upgrades opinions

This doesnt feel like Southern Ontario Nissan 240SX.net anymore! We have all these UNKNOWN people running the show. The more I use it the more I start hating it! Please do something about it being DK mode with all this white!

lol over the upgrade bing gained 2000 posts!

RAWR!!!

the theme will probably change at some point. I know SON always had a harder feel to it. We’ll get there.

The blogs will open up to SON members eventually… in fact, there will be continuous upgrades for a while… we have some wild ideas.

as for the TNC spam, its running an expired VB license that will be upgraded this week. That will put a stop to it.

I don’t like it. To complex SON was a place to relax and be an idiot for a part of the day. This new lay out might scare away da ppl who cant spk proprly in fs ads an stuff yo, iight.

P.S This layout hurts with a lap top

Personally I hope the theme and colours change fast, this is jsut too boring, everythign is all mundane like the walls of a Dentist’s office. Too much white , empty space. I find my trips here are getting spaced out longer.

This site looks like it took a step back instead of a step forward

Clutter clutter clutter.

Did I mention clutter?

yeah we just got right of a couple forums and merged a couple groups.

should be cleaner now.

Something got mixed up in the tree we wrote up.

How it shows up in FF.

…and vimeo embedding isn’t new at all Bing. Get with le program!

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9250/screenshot20100311at159.png

switch your resolution dude… get with 2008 at least :slight_smile:

other then a colour and a font im loving it :smiley:

I too am a bit shell shocked with all the changes, but like everything in life, we will adapt.

One issue I have now, which is a big one for me, is not knowing what country certain users are from…

When in the classified section, you mostly knew that the seller (or buyer) was in southern ontario, or not too far away, now they could be from anywhwere.

I vote for REAL locations to be somewhere in everyone’s profiles.

Other than that, great job to everyone involved!!

Not exactly man. The SON classified section is SON-exclusive. If you take a look, no one from any other site is posting FS stuff in there. If you don’t want to post an ad for the network to see, just use the SON section like you always have and only SON members will reply.

Now for the network sections I agree about putting locations in, which most people seem to realize and have been doing already. There are only a handful of threads in there right now.

My res on my laptop is bueno foo! It’s much different with a screenshot.
…and not sure what’s down with that pic, I swear I clicked re-size when I uploaded it to Imageshack.

sophistication is not the answer.

these colors fucking suck

i think the new forum is pretty cool, and the thread cross-over is a great feature for buying and selling items, Buut it does seem a little busy, and a little more, mainstream i guess… if that makes sence, doesnt seem to be as smooth and easy to navigate around, altho like ppl have been saying, im sure in due time everybody will adjust, the hopepage should definatly show recent posts tho, imo, all in all good work! it obviously takes alot to get this kinda thing going, and i think in the end its gonna be good, still needs a little polishing lol

on a side note, anybody know how to change your avatar!!!

If you guys are looking for a home page with new posts, just bookmark the “what’s new” page. (See top of forum, or CLICK HERE.)

That will take you right to the new posts without any graphics or other content.

I know some people still prefer to read through the site one forum at a time using THIS ‘forum’ view but vB has evolved away from that to make the user experience easier by putting emphasis on the “what’s new” section / button.

I personally used to always read though the tree every day and it took forever. Now I only use the “new posts” and “what’s new” sections. It’s a lot easier and faster to read IMO. Topics that are active stand out and you can see what’s going on with one click. I’ll still go to the forum tree if I’m looking to browse a specific classifieds forum, but beyond that I maybe look at the forum-view once a day.

Can you guys make son Blackberry friendly.
looks like god damn on my BB

There is a blackberry app, but it doesn’t work with vB 4.0 just yet. We had it on the old version of NYSpeed and a bunch of guys used it. When it’s available for 4.0 we’ll have it up :tup:

We’re also working on m.son240sx.org as a scaled down mobile version, but it’s not at the top of the to-do list right now.