used cars dealers are idiots

Now workin for towne auto choice being they will happily give you a free car fax report i would never buy a car used from a dealership any other way

[quote=“dirtye30,post:20,topic:25937"”]

pat leary sucks too.

[/quote]

My neighbor just bought a WRX from them, we will see how it go’s.

car fax reports are useless. (unless the car is not available to inspect. IE: ebay or internet purchase) they dont tell you if the repair was done properly

ive seen $2000 worth of repairs leave a $30k car worthless

knowing how to inspect a car for yourself > trusting carfax

[quote=“airhead,post:5,topic:25937"”]

After dealing with a shady dealer when my mom was buying a car, I wanted to come back at night and torch the place. The first car they brought out had nasty orange peel everywhere, an obvious complete repaint. The side molding had some kind of glue oozing out from under it, and I could see the bondo cracking on the same door. $5k for this heap. The windshield trim was missing. The cheap AM corner light was full of water, and there was a nasty clunk coming from one wheel, so all signs pointed to a good accident in the right front that was repaired poorly. When I asked, the owner said “we don’t know the history of the car”. Bull shit! They know if a car has been wrecked, and they have carfax. Sure enough, carfax showed 2 accidents in the past 4 years. She was so anxious to get a car that she would have bought it if I hadn’t told her to run from it. I could tell the hatred between me and that car salesman was mutual. Against my wishes, she bought another car from them, that hadn’t been wrecked. Turns out they must have bought it and put a transmission in, because the car had several issues related to it in the first 2 weeks, and getting them to do the work was a hassle. Once the car was bought, they treated us like shit. Oh yeah, P&R auto sales in Akron, stay far away.:banghead:

[/quote]

LOL I bought my 1st Saturn SL2 from them back in Fall 2003. 132,000 miles, burned 1 1/2 quarts of oil a week, if you drove it or not. 1 week after I got the car, the flex-pipe for the exhaust rotted off. They fixed the exhaust free. I had the engine “built” in Fall 2004. That took care of the oil issues. Swapped the new engine into an SC2 i bought privately, and put the 170k SC2 motor into the SL2 and sold it to my cousin, who is still driving it today.

PS: They buy the cheapest reasonable cars then find at ADESA. Adesa = junk nobody else wants on there lot. LOL

[quote=“Slopoke,post:9,topic:25937"”]

I’m a salesman at Town Huyndai/Auto choice.

[/quote]

[quote=“BikerFry,post:13,topic:25937"”]

:word: Car salesmen are salesmen, not car guys.

[/quote]

Your right. Cal’s not a car guy, at all.

:lol: j/p :wave:

That’s sad.

[quote=“RedConquestTSi,post:24,topic:25937"”]

LOL I bought my 1st Saturn SL2 from them back in Fall 2003. 132,000 miles, burned 1 1/2 quarts of oil a week, if you drove it or not. 1 week after I got the car, the flex-pipe for the exhaust rotted off. They fixed the exhaust free. I had the engine “built” in Fall 2004. That took care of the oil issues. Swapped the new engine into an SC2 i bought privately, and put the 170k SC2 motor into the SL2 and sold it to my cousin, who is still driving it today.

PS: They buy the cheapest reasonable cars then find at ADESA. Adesa = junk nobody else wants on there lot. LOL

[/quote]

Oh yeah, one more thing. The tires were so bad on the car she bought, that I doubt they would pass inspection at any legit place. So then came the fun part, bargaining with the used car salesman for a new set of no-name tires. He said “no problem, we’ll put new tires on the front”. I explained to him that the tires were all equally bald, and this is an AWD car. They finally agreed to a new set. When she drove the car home, it shook violently on the thruway. She called them to ask what the hell happened to her car since she test drove it. “Oh, we don’t have a tire balancer. They must have forgot to balance the tires.”:uhh: He wanted her to drive 45 minutes out, leave the car, drive 45 minutes home, and come back the next day and pick it up. All for something that could be done 2 minutes away at any shop. She said no way. So the salesman drove out to take the car to Dunn tire, even though she said she had no problem taking it there herself. Then he disappeared for 3 hours. He wouldn’t answer his phone. A call to Dunn confirmed that he had left 2 hours ago, and was now running errands in her car. The car finally came back with an empty gas tank and a reset trip odometer. THAT is why I will never buy a car from a used car dealer.

[quote=“airhead,post:27,topic:25937"”]

Oh yeah, one more thing. The tires were so bad on the car she bought, that I doubt they would pass inspection at any legit place. So then came the fun part, bargaining with the used car salesman for a new set of no-name tires. He said “no problem, we’ll put new tires on the front”. I explained to him that the tires were all equally bald, and this is an AWD car. They finally agreed to a new set. When she drove the car home, it shook violently on the thruway. She called them to ask what the hell happened to her car since she test drove it. “Oh, we don’t have a tire balancer. They must have forgot to balance the tires.”:uhh: He wanted her to drive 45 minutes out, leave the car, drive 45 minutes home, and come back the next day and pick it up. All for something that could be done 2 minutes away at any shop. She said no way. So the salesman drove out to take the car to Dunn tire, even though she said she had no problem taking it there herself. Then he disappeared for 3 hours. He wouldn’t answer his phone. A call to Dunn confirmed that he had left 2 hours ago, and was now running errands in her car. The car finally came back with an empty gas tank and a reset trip odometer. THAT is why I will never buy a car from a used car dealer.

[/quote]

I forgot to include this as well. The Saturn I bought, sat on the lot with bald tires, and after my test drive, they were REALLY bald. :slight_smile: After some bargaining, i got a new set of Kumho Touring 732’s, free.