v8 s14

i use premium anyways, sure it’s a few dollars more in the end, but it’s better for your motor and you get a little extra pep outa the car. we already pay up the ass for gas, whats a few more dollars right!!

Pretty much, thats my opinion but some people don’t see it that way. Some people just plain don’t have the money too.

I have a LS1 240sx already…its very quick

Adam

PICTURES

The search function works wonders…

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22286

ya theres another video i seen too with an s14 with an ls1.

lol, o well someone has to buy the cheap gas or they wouldn’t make it!!!

i get my gas at CT u get 7 cents on the litre or something like that, i put in 45 and get back a couple bucks in CT money. with that CT money u can buy a gift card and then go buy gas with the gift card. it’s like free gas for buying gas. so really, puttin in the premium at CT, they give u the cost of the premium back(pretty much). let it build up and u got a free tank!! fyi.

if ppl can afford to run v8’s in there cars, have at it!! u’ll pass everything but the gas station!!

actually the Ls1 is better on fuel than my turbo 4cyl

this season…i up installing a Kazz 1.5 way diff, and 17x10 with 315’s on the rear , and 17x9 and 275’s up front…

ran some 12.9’s last year for fun…with no traction…so it has high 11’s in it…not that I drag race at all…

but it shows the performance potential on the Ls1…in a bone stock format…

light car…big engine… is teh way to do it :slight_smile:

i guess i could see it, 4 banger needs the high revs to move it, hense 2850rpm on the hiway @ 105ish… for my kae anyways.

when ur going down the hiway at 100 what r u reving at?? 6 speed tranny?

hmmm not sure…no working speedo in the car…

the gear ratios are…

rear end 4.083
1=2.66
2=1.78
3=1.30
4=1.00
5=.74
6=.50

max rpm 6500

the fastest so Far I have had it was 6500rpm in 5th gear at mosport on the back straight

hmm, with a 276/40/17 tire in 5th at 6500 says you would be doing 160-170? seems a little high… what size tire you running? if this is true and the motor is stock you have a serious combo there…

I was on 245/50/16 tires…last year

I know I was going way over 230kph since I passed a Benz AMG 500 going 230kph (after lapping I asked him how fast he was going on the back straight since he had a working speedo…he he now thats a crazy car…he had 3 passengers) and was going 230 :slight_smile: )

so it was over 230kph for sure

I could have grabbed 6th gear…but I was more worried about slowing down at the end to make the next corner…plus I was just testing the car out and breaking the engine in anyway…

with the new diff and way bigger tires I should get a way better launch off 5b this year…and the engine is broken in now

ohh also…

ECU cut off is at 6300 …not 6500rpm…

it was a AMG e55

sorry not a 500…anyway a real big car…with gobs of power for a sedan