Varuns S13

Me and Varun were having a little debate on the value of his car. He seems to think that money into the car = money you will recieve back. Mod for mod, what you put in is close to what you wil recieve back. I dont know abou the rest of you, but I don’t think that is true. Whenever you put money into a car (with exception for old muscle cars) you WILL lose a TON of money, either way. Question is, do you think varuns car is worth $20,000 for someone to purchase?

Don’t forget about the mods that i have that are not in the rides section …and the quality of paint/body…etc etc etc…
3 sets of rims…one with slicks…
oem aero bumper…
$2000 HKS dollar clutch kit…
sparco REV seat…
TOMEI shifter…

I definitelly think so.

His mods list is excessive with a ton of very rare parts.
His car is one of the most reliable quick cars on the forum, it never gives him any trouble at all, and you have to keep that in mind.

If i had the money I’d pay up to 23,000$ for it.

The thing about Varuns car, is that the attention to detail and the quality of build surpasses most OEM spec in time. effort, and money alone… thats not even including the parts used…

Look at it like this, it’s a new factory silvia, but better…

You pay for the quality you get with V’s car… period…

HA HA… i probably have 30k+ in my car not including its purchase price…i would be lucky to get 10-15k for it

cars are MONEY pits not investments

It’s a much different demographic for his car and your car…

Yes, but Adam, there is a huge difference between your car, and a street car. You also spent more money building up your car than other people do because you were a pioneer and you broke stuff.

i would say its tough to get what you put into it, he may get close, but often its a tough sell, if i had the money i would definitley consider it, plus i have athing for white cars

unfortunately all you put in does not equal what you will receive back… not even cars up for auction in barrett jackson ever make thier ‘money put in’ value. Your car may be a great car and have amazing attention to detail and maybe the HKS clutch and the other high quality performance parts will raise the value but really your only going to get what the market will bear and in ontario that’s not allot. try selling it south of the border… then you ‘may’ get 20-35% more then what you’d get up here. if you’ve put $23000 into it then expect to sell it for no more then 13K at most if it’s an S13

hahahah 13K…dude…garage sale and ill get 15G just for parts guaranfuckinteed…
plus ill have a mint chassis left to sell…do the math…if i part it out…atleast 15G in parts…
but still, u have made a good point about selling in the states…but i really would rather sell to someone here that i know…IF I DECIDE TO SELL.

I’ll tell you waht I think. Wheenver we are selling our cars we should all sell them for how much they are worth. Then people will really have no choice but to pay tons for a used car that works and is mint (there is a huge value to that which seems to go unpaid for), or build their own.

Its like real estate. You fix up a house and sell it for tons, you fix up a car? And loose your shirt.

Thats it. You guys want my S14? 40,000$ in my hands and its yours! Varun sell your car for 30k!

oh yea my car isnt mint its got that fucked up problem, ill lower the price to 39,999$ only for a limited time!

My S13 has a clean, solid frame & no rust.

$299,999.99 starting bid.

You could probably get about 25 g’s for it 10 years down the road at the BJ auction.

For every aftermarket part you put on your car, you’re limiting the target market for selling.

BTW, I’ll let my car go for $13,000 for anyone interested.

Thankyou, thats what im trying to say. Money put in (does not equal) money coming back to you, AT ALL.

if ure smart it does…if ure an idiot it doesnt…
im not saying u will recover 100% of what you spent…but deffinetly 70-80% if u have half a brain…

This is true. If you want 70-80% it CAN be doable depending, but it will take work such as persistance and detailed listings. The real reason people lose out is the need for immediate cash, no patience or thinking ahead, or just bad luck financially (sudden need for money).

bulllzeye, u hit it bang on.

I have recoverd 110% of what i spend on my FC by parting it out, and i still have a grand worth left

varun post some pics of your car if you dont mind, I’d like to see it.