Veesta

so what about photoshop… doesn’t that do anything with ram?!?

i’m confused… vista is much prettier than win2k…

awww… fine… you are in a good mood now… :frowning: fine… no more stupid questions

i quit.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:25,topic:27654"”]

Why have 2gb of ram on your system if your OS is Windows 2k and can’t even benefit from that much ram?

[/quote]

cause i run photoshop

but seriously, ur statement was VERY general. be careful with how u word your sentances.

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:42,topic:27654"”]

i quit.

cause i run photoshop

but seriously, ur statement was VERY general. be careful with how u word shit.

[/quote]

verbage is important…

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:43,topic:27654"”]

verbage is important…

[/quote]

lick me

I dont like how even my administrator account has DENY permissions on tons of folders!

I can understand on a regular user account, but geez! DENY permissions on ALL accounts?! WTF!

I had to take ownership of everything, then do an Everyone Full Control with Inheritable permissions to do what I wanted and go everywhere!

I’m not enjoying Vista as an Admin…

ok, most of the posts are about people complaining about how different it is and how the OS is a resource hog. yes it is different but so was XP and now all you are saying its such a great OS when at first im sure you were saying the same shit you are now. yes its prettier so yes that part of the OS is going to use more mem. but you also have to look at the task manager and see how much extra crap vista has running compared to those other versions, 98 had a whole of 8 programs running after a clean install, Vista has more then 20. there is alot more to it then just what it looks like and its stupid compatibility issues, and yes im just as annoyed at the things that they took out of vista and the programs the dont work on it.

anyways it comes down to this, people just want something to complain about and this is the latest thing.
if you dont like it dont use it, if you do then more power to ya for making it work

personally i’m more excited about ubuntu 7.04 coming out thursday… my day is planned :slight_smile:

but vista is a step forward, some people are just idiots

Does 7.04 have any higher sys req? I installed 6.1 awhile back on my p3 600/256mb machine and it ran very smoothly.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:48,topic:27654"”]

Does 7.04 have any higher sys req? I installed 6.1 awhile back on my p3 600/256mb machine and it ran very smoothly.

[/quote]

i highly doubt it… they really wanted to focus on hardware compatibility…

maybe the newest KDE for kubuntu… but thats not a big deal its still in the 3’s, I can’t wait for KDE 4…

but for ubuntu… you may wanna try xubuntu rather than a gnome or desktop… xubuntu includes [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfce]xfce, which is much lighter…

I’m personally going for ubuntu… to learn the GNOME desktop environment… but if you want pretty… KDE is for you… functional/ powerful go GNOME. lightweight and functional go xfce

[quote=“boardjnky4,post:35,topic:27654"”]

im not even gonna touch this one. all im gonna say is do some research before trying to flame ppl on something u know nothing about

[/quote]

Right…thats why every single graphics benchmark/graphic intensive program I have tried runs better on XP… :roll2:

Vista will have its day…but that day is not today.

kde is still very klunky. gnome >*

windows 98 ftw!

lol fag noobz get pwned by vista, xp = aidz tards

veesta = leet
linux = momz basement

questions?

[quote=“zwarbyt,post:53,topic:27654"”]

lol fag noobz get pwned by vista, xp = aidz tards

veesta = leet
linux = momz basement

questions?

[/quote]