verizon wireless customer service ftl.

I had Verizon since 1998 and then in 2002 switched to t-mobile. Had them for about 9 months when I got fed up with the shitty coverage. So I went back to Verizon. And was with them for about a year and half. I had the treo with 400 minutes for 39.95 unlimited web for 44.95 and text messaging for like 10.00 and a few other bull shit features. My bill was over $125 a month. And my phone was a piece of shit and kept freezing up once a day and required hard resets. Verizon was nothing but rude and gave me a run around about replacing my treo when it was 3 months old.
So I said screw it and paid the 175 termination fee and switched back to t-mobile. And the service is way better then just a few years ago. Not to mention when you don’t have t-mobile coverage you are on Cingular’s towers at no charge.
And I have very little problems if any. And if I do they are more then helpful resolving my issue. Not to mention my bill with them, 1000 minutes unlimited text and web is about $85 a month with tax. Not to mention every 6 months I can get a new phone if I want. So I’ll jeopardize no coverage every now and then for there service over Verizon’s outrages charges. Not to mention I can pop out my sim and use another phone, unlike verizon where they charge you to switch back a forth between phones. Also when I was just leaving Verizon they where charging minutes to call customer service. Is that still going on? If so that hilarious how money hungry they really are.