vibration and tire wear issue.

91 mustang.
Ok, did 5 lug swap, black bullets and flaming river manual steering. Have had it lined up twice, but still keep wearing out the inside of the front tires and has a vibration through the steering wheel. Did getting rid of the power steering take away that much dampening? Or since I’m having the wear issues I think there is still something wrong. Also could having 17 x 8 rims with not the same as stock offset be causing this, I know the tires stick out father than what I had because I had to put the car back at stock height. Never had issues before with it lowered. Not happy about a second set of front tires throw out without any reason. Back tires I know why they wear out.

changing the width would not have any effect on how the tires would wear

im saying they are wearing because you lowered it and have not fixed the camber

do you have a copy of the alignment print out if so post it up and let me know ill take a look at

Its no longer lowered. Has the stock springs back in it. It does have adjustable C/C plates installed. I don’t have a print out. I’m actually gonna take it to a different shop that I’ve heard does good work and see if that solves it. I’ll get a print out and hope for the best, and swap the tires to the back for traction loss.

if you have c/c plates make sure they know what they are doing and adjust it all

does it pull or drift at all ?

Just under hard braking, but I have some brake issues too. Drives straight, but the wheel shakes, can’t hold it steady, but car is still straight, worse during turns.

sounds more like you have some sort of suspension issues is your k member straight and tight? are all the body mounts in good shape>

is the k member straight ? are the body mounts in good shape ?

K member is straight. Only had this problem since manual steering, rotor swap, and new wheels. Ball joints are tight. Everything seems tight. I’m gonna try a different alignment shop.

try russells body shop
last i heard there was supposed to be a really good guy there doing alignments. this was couple years ago but worth a shot to see if still there.