Viper Twin Turbo Builds.... x 3

Very cool
Good work!

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Very cool
Good work!

Very cool
Good work!

Very cool
Good work!

LOL… wtf was up with those responses?

Edit: This thread does need to be broken down… way too much shit in it.

UPDATE:

VS-1500TT: Actually being PAINTED finally.

beautiful color…

Very cool
Good work!

Very cool
Good work!

Very cool
Good work!

:tup:

Very Cool
Good work!

^ LOLHOMOS

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

What are you looking at…?

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/255772_999821078538_15717624_45425045_8090951_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254588_1000259445048_15717624_45433347_5477584_n.jpg

how long does one of these transformations take from start to finish? namely just the motor work/turbo kit.

Depends what package you are referring to, and if you are considering all of the associated systems [Fuel, Computer, etc], or ordering time for parts, etc. It can be anywhere from 3 months to 12 months depending on complexity, not including part lead times, and assuming it is a SOLID car to start with. The 1500TTvc is a prototype package, so it took longer as it had to be developed from scratch with all new technology and will be about 18 months. The 1500TT also is taking longer, but that was a mixed up project of a new build w/ new generation kit/parts that weren’t available immediately, saving certain parts of a previous build, and then custom paint and putting humpty dumpty back together again, also at about 18 months. The 1250TT is just about to hit the 12 month mark, and ironically, that was a can-o-worms as well with all the bullshit we found wrong with the car between its accident history, destroyed engine, etc. Its amazing it is as far as it is given the hassles from day 1. However, all three of these builds tip the complexity scale… the computer systems alone will fry the average brain.

Very cool
Good work!

20K for an engine, I thought 10K was bad for mine. :EEK:

Impressive, looks nice.

Fuel rails.

Thanks… I cant wait to see what they look like in contrast with the manifold and new coil covers when its all finished… someday. LOL

Updates:

VS-X: Made 741 Crank Horsepower, NA, Pump Gas, Still haven’t even worked on the heads yet. Hoping for a solid 800 when we do the heads at the next refresh.

VS-1250TT: Reinstalling black anodized Cold Pipes and working on Wiring.

VS-1500TT: Assembling Body

VS-1500TTvc: On Hold until next week- waiting for MVR’s and Q’s from Tial, and new Cometic Head Gaskets… just found out 4 of 10 gaskets from that order are defective, and need to be swapped. 2 of them are in stock, and 2 of them are in my engine. grrrrrrrr. Could have been worse though… 4 of the 6 unaffected are in the VS-1500TT and VA-1250TT, and would have required complete tear-downs. Glad MY engine is still on the stand. I think. :fuckme:

Updates:

VS-X: Has now powered Kevin Ferguson and his ACRX to two 2nd Place & one 1st Place Overall Wins in the USGT series.

VS-1250TT: Mechanically complete, running and driving, at paint for final touch-ups.

VS-1500TT: Wiring harness away from completion.

VS-1500TTvc: Engine completed, wastegates & controls completed. Mated w/ Tilton Carbon & new TR-6060 w/revised gear set, and installed. Just beginning to work on final engine installation.

Dan, awesome work. Seeing it in person > *

Also, congrats on the engine build for Ferguson! That’s awesome! :tup: