VR6 ticking HELP

So two weeks ago my car overheated cause my radiator decided to take a crap on me. So It has been about two weeks now and all the new radiator and parts are in and coolent is full. So when I started it up it had this really loud ticking noise. I let it run for about 5 min and no change. Any opinions on what it could be?

did it overheat?

do you need to adjust the valves

Yes overheated.
Why would that make it so I have to adjust the valves?
BTW it does sound like a valve tick but very loud.

check oil?

yeah check oil change oil, maybe its our timing chain :gotme:

stuck lifter probably. Swollen from the heat and it got imbedded into the head.

how long was the car overheating for? Pull the valve cover off and check for oil sludge, because its probably everywhere including around the valves and lifters. My mx6 overheated back in the day and i didn’t notice it overheating for maybe 5 minutes. After that the car ran fine but never stopped ticking like a diesel truck. When i did a tune up i pulled the valve cover off and there was sludge everywhere.I did my best to clean it out and motor flushed it multiple times but it never really went away. I was going to just replace the head eventually but never did and ended up selling the car.

over heated for like 5 min def not the chain my cousins bmw had the same ticking noise and it was just the valves needing to be adjusted. Oil is fine but I am still gunna change it.
Dont think it is a stuck lifter cause the car runs fine just has a tick.
Oil circulation is also good.
Thank you everyone for your help.
Brian

Ticking is gone ran it for a while and it just went away.
Thanks.