Couldnt find metric bubble flare plugs for the unused master ports so I made my own. I see lots of people use the right thread but with copper washers, well I didnt want to.
Took some adapters, cut them down, drilled and tapped the hole for 8-32, threaded in a section of a screw and welded it in place. Should be good.
Up next was the intake manifold and fuel rail. I originally made this 6 years ago and for some reason it was very close to the radiator, closer than today me liked. I also hated the fuel rail mounting tabs. So I went to the town.
Flange cut off.
Decided it was a good time to remove all the OE casting lines. Before…
With that done (no pics) I cut the runners down about 3/8", reshaped them to mate to the OE flange and ground the ends to a nice V.
Next, made up some new fuel rail brackets and welded them on. These were a total bitch to weld, way more than the runners to the flange which were cake.
Spent a few mins smoothing out the welds (I plan on doing the runner to flange ones too, but Im waiting on my new Dynafile) I had just enough belt left to do these.
And here it is all reassembled. I also smoothed out the welds on the rail for the FPR cup and the input fitting.
And an inside shot.
Next and hopefully last item is to redo the TB flange. I was originally going to use a stock mustang TB but have since decided its just too damn ugly and Id rather use GM IAC. I picked up an Aurora TB that should do the trick. More to come on that.
And finally, exhaust parts started rolling in. I also ordered a midpipe from Techtonics which is due tues. It was only like $25 more than buying the bends to make my own. It just better be 304ss like they told me on the phone, else Im not going to be happy.