VW Dieselgate - No More VW Diesel Vehicles In the US?

Pretty much.

Some ok information.

The NYT has a good article about the history of companies and cheating.

And Winterkorn resigns. This time for real

all that stock price talk above…check it after that news - daaaamn

Up 6%. Fuck you EPA! :smiley:

The sacrifice is working. :slight_smile:

No interest in naked puts? I haven’t had time to look, what’s volatility done to the option prices?

The VW guy who is responsible for this mess probably got fired but is making millions because he sold before the stock dropped but then got in low. LOL

Is that insider trading? :smiley:

http://i.imgur.com/lhpUDCY.jpg

I’m not even following it honestly. In a scenario where a fundamentally OK stock gets creamed for either market correction or even their own doing I make a play on a call option pretty far out like 12-18mo. Sucks paying the premium but it you are confident in the position the leveraged option play returns huge.

Earlier this month, European Federation for Transport and Environment said that BMW, Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz and General Motor’s Opel division are among other automakers that may have equipped their vehicles’ diesel engines with similar software as VW’s.

http://mypullzsone.mikerindersblog.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shitstorm.jpg

Except for this little detail… the BMW passed WVU’s test, the one that got VW busted.

http://wvpublic.org/post/wvu-researchers-help-bust-volkswagen-pollution-violations

The International Council on Clean Transportation, a nonprofit research group asked WVU to test NOx and other emissions on three cars: a BMW X5 SUV, a VW Jetta, and a VW Passat.

WVU tested the cars in real-world scenarios, not the special computers usually used for emissions tests.

That’s when they discovered something strange: the BMW passed the test, but the VW cars didn’t. Emissions on them were much higher in the real world.

That doesn’t meant there aren’t other BMW models that might not pass though.

Is there a reason you don’t like naked put selling? Capturing high premiums on something you would buy at the strike price either way seems to deliver a nice discount. Are there margin concerns I’m overlooking etc…? Or are you just not looking to exercise, out before expiration? I’ve only sold covered calls and bought naked puts before…and I’ve been out of the markets for quite some time sadly. 8/

From what ive gathered and in my research… and in my honest opinion. Every car company in the world does this. VW just did it on a very wide scale and got caught. American car companies got word of it and exploited it to no end using it as propaganda in hopes to push people away from VW and buy more american cars.

To be honest, I am a huge green person and hate nothing more than seeing massive trucks blowing black smoke out everywhere for no reason and cant stand what we do to our lakes and oceans. Greed will destroy this earth sooner than we think but thats neither here nor there. But honestly there are far worse things VW could have done. Fords god awful lack of ability to build transmissions and how Chevy cuts corners with safety sometimes concerns me far more than a little emissions cutting.

Its still a shitty thing to do and needs to be corrected and they should be fined. End of story. This thing is way out of proportion and just kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Automakers unite against Al Gore’s biggest hoax/scam ever in human history!!!

Scimitar is swinging

I guess now is the time to buy if you want to get a smokin deal on a VW. :oj:

I would love to see the severance packages.

that the executives are: Michael Horn, who has led US operations since Jan. 1, 2014; Ulrich Hackenberg, who oversaw Audi’s research and development; and Wolfgang Hatz, who was in charge of R&D for Porsche.

Everyone can go home and think about what you did

• Updated - - -

I think they said the CEO had $32M coming to him for a retirement package