VW Dieselgate - No More VW Diesel Vehicles In the US?

Definitely skinny in some of the core product (Passat, Tiguan).

Untrue. If the fix lowers fuel economy, VW will most likely face more legal issues. I bet they will do everything possible to keep the ratings at what they were from the factory.

Now expanding to gasoline engines:

The list has expanded to four gasoline engines.

Some of the impacted models include the VW Polo 1.4-liter, VW Polo 1.0-L TSI, Seat Ibiza, Seat Leon, Leon SC coupe 1.8-Liter TFSI, Leon Sport Tourer wagon 1.8-liter TFSI, and the VW Golf and Passat both with the 2.0-liter TFSI.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/news/vw-finds-430-000-compormised-cars-including-2016-line-article-1.2436275?cid=bitly

I wonder if this is going to cause other car companies to review their self certification process

• Updated - - -

Weird its moving into the gas world I can understand the diesel side

It doesn’t surprise me as the industry moves toward leaner (often turbocharged) petrol cars. :slight_smile:

No I just meant it makes more sense to fudge the diesel numbers

In Germany they’re getting software and a MAF screen:

The 1.2 and 2.0 liter engines will only require a software update that Volkswagen group says should take “under half an hour.” The 1.6 liter engine vehicles require a software update as well as a “flow rectifier” that mechanics will fit in front of the air mass sensor.

For the US:

a fix for US cars would take time “due to the much tighter NOx levels on the other side of the Atlantic,” said Volkswagen Group CEO Matthias Müller. “Retrofitting the vehicles there to meet valid emissions limits is quite simply a much bigger technical challenge.”

I was just thinking yesterday how this kind of disappeared from the news.

They had a deadline sometime in November to submit the fixes to CARB and the EPA, which are now testing the fixes. They’re probably not going to announce anything with regards to the US fix until they get approvals from both agencies.

Internet legal advice. I haven’t had the chance to watch it fully yet:

https://youtu.be/u0L-TZ0thd4

Still waiting on 3.0TDI news…

Make sure you have these in stock:

Cliff notes: Take the money! You do not waive any rights, and you will get over $1000 in value for free.

What is the actual mpg reduction?

if it goes from 45 to 40, I think thats around 275 additional gallons of gas over 100,000 miles.
167 g @ 60,000 miles or $435 @ 2.60/gallon. Sounds like a fair price for the inconvenience.

You know how I know you didn’t read the thread?

They haven’t offered a payout for the TDI’s for loss of value, loss in performance, etc. VW stated in court, and it’s explained on the website that acceptance the “goodwill package” is not a waiver of claim.

In other related news.

• Updated - - -

Cliffs:

and saying “VIN number” isn’t redundant, but writing it is, it’s a term of art in verbal communication.

Fucking Lawyers are the worst.

+1

Nope. I could venture a guess that I could find the answer somwhere in this thread, but then I would have to read it :smiley:

I have had better post’s contextually, I hope to read more threads some day.

$5,000, and a fix, a buy-back, or $5,000 and a buy back?

5k a pop… sounds like big money

drove the stocks up 6% today.