VW Touareg V10 TDI - What do you know/think about it?

I’m actually going to buy it wholesale with my dealer license, but yeah the warranty from a dealer would be worth it if it was possible to get one this cheap.

Quick! Someone buy my lift! It’s in the FS section! Then I’ll get this pig!

Pending a sale on the Accord! We’ll be going down to take a look at this thing as soon as the other car sells!

As a current accord owner, I wholeheartedly approve of replacing one with a V10 TDI.

:tbu

Hell Yes! It’s official, time to get her sold for real and get our V10 TDI!

Going down to look at this bucket tomorrow :tbu

So, I made the trek down to look at this pig and it’s a pretty nice truck. However, it was a 95,000,000 degree day and the A/C didn’t work at all in that thing! There were also a few other less than desirable things as well, which I’m going to list below.
Red flag #1 - No functioning A/C
Red flag #2 - Small bit of oil leaking on passenger under truck
Red flag #3 - 3 of the 4 tires were within 1/32 of their life.
Red flag #4 - Trunk/hatch release button didn’t work
Red flag #5 - Hatch wouldn’t open with key fob
Red flag #6 - Drive shaft needs to be replaced - common carrier bearing failure
Red flag #7 - The sunroof dial/knob close function wasn’t working, so you had to F with it to get it closed.
Red flag #8 - There is a shudder/shimmy when taking a tighter turn that I noticed only happened 1 time out of nearly 10 turns - I think some say this is common and is not really an issue.

We’ll see what happens from here.

good luck on the purchase man, when you get it just tow your whole street around lol

fuckin run

Yeah, that was my first impression after the AC didn’t work…

LOL, I’ll probably be looking at a different one at this point, but still a V10 :slight_smile:

find another. seems like it has a few more ish’use then you’d like.

I think I’ll be running far and fast away from this one. Maybe when I get myself back on track I’ll get one with less miles and has a CPO warranty.

jesus that sounds like a pile of shit

tell me about it. for about 18k I can get one that has less miles and less problems. For 19k I can get one that still has a CPO on it… This dealer is smokin’ if he thinks he’s getting even 14k for that thing. $15,800 is def way out of the ballpark with all the work that’s needed.

not gonna lie i really like them. But they look like electrical gremlin nightmares.

I’d rock this as a daily ALL DAY

http://www.clubtouareg.com/attachments/gallery/files/33460-img-20101022-00091.jpg

I would rock this SO HARD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Volkswagen-Touareg-2-V6-TDI-AWD-Tech-LuxPkgs-19s-/350478042883?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item519a1e8703

That looks tight! I do like them, but you’re probably right as far as the electrical nightmare that could ensue… Then again, which German vehicle doesn’t have an electrical problem…

Yeah, the new Touaregs are pretty sick. I’m still holding on to my V10 dream, but I’m not gonna lose sleep over it!

As I’m reading, it seems like the newer V6 Touregs appear to be cheaper to fix than the older V10 variant. Makes sense I guess.

V10’s are gear driven, so they don’t need a timing belt change…

It has adjustable ride height?