VZW problems.....

3 months ago I bought the Casio C721.
Worked great for 2 months. One day it randomly started to turn itself on and off all night. Not a thing I could so about it. Take it to the store the next morning and there is nothing they can do, I get the warranty center’s number. I restored the phone and it was fine in till the super bowl. Started turning itself off / on again over and over. I could not “master” rest the phone.
I call explain my problem after a half hour they agree to send me a “new” phone (refurb). I get the “new” phone Wednesday and it seemed all was well.
Tonight I was sitting at fire fighter training and it starts again. no control over it. Finally I get it to restore the phone. I dial *228 to reactivate the phone and I think all is good for now.
Wrong
I can’t text or call
When I make a call it just say my call can not be authenticated at this time.
Anyone else have problems like this?
Get anywhere with them?

Sometimes people ask me why I stick with T-Mo and I tell them that I never once had to deal with any service/billing/retarded issues.

My LG EnV2 shuts itself off randomly. I hate VZW phones. I swear it is a software issue they add to the phones, so most stupid people will just go buy a new one.

Maybe a software update is needed?

I molest little boys

Verizon doesn’t do that mandated software interface anymore.

It’s just a shitty phone.

my friends girl friend and my sister both had the phone… both hated it and within weeks of having it got rid of it

[sarcasm]cause this is totally relevant[/sarcasm]

LOL

This will be an intresting trip to the store…

Casio makes cell phones? Thought they were like calculators and hair dryers…

They partnered with UTstarcom to make the water/shock/dust resistant line of phones.

oh right, like the VZW version of the samsung rugby’s.

they will give you money for a new phone if your phone fucks up 3 or 4 times (or you get 3 or 4 replacements.)

This is a fucking joke. This is my 3rd phone in 5 days and I can’t call or text.
It turns off and on uncontrollably. And they want to send me another one. I’m pissed

If you go in and tell them you don’t want the same phone AGAIN they will usually give you a credit towards a different phone.

after 3 they should allow you to switch phones / upgrade.

My Env touch does the same. I totally agree its the BS software. I have had other people many states away say the exact same thing about the VZW Env series turning off for no reason.

That’s what happens when you take a whole bunch of devices, each designed by their manufacturer to operate with certain systems, and all of a sudden tell them they all have to run the same proprietary OS that you give them. It’s like putting Windows CE on a GPS. It’s a crapshoot that it will actually work right.

Well this is my 3rd one and they want to give me a referb.
Or switch me to a different model referb.
I paid $356 for this phone WITH a new 2 year agreement and they want to swap me to a lesser model referb. I’m going to the store after work and totally wrecking someones day there.

EDIT: this phone I have now was only on the market for 3 months … humm intersting