Walmart Tire Mounting

Can Walmart fit an 11" wide 17" wheel on their machine and dismount 315s?

They will go onto 9" wheels, which shouldn’t be a problem.

I’m looking for a place in the Amherst area that can do this around lunch time tomorrow, so if there is a place who can compete with the price… I’ll be all over it.

Thanks.

Just go to swerve. Don’t cheap out. Their machine is the best and Paul has done the tires I assume you’re getting mounted before.

ROFL, wow… go to paul at swerve, just mounted my hoosiers today :tup:

I’m in Amherst and I’ll be doing this on lunch… thats my problem. I don’t think I can make it to Swerve and get the dismount, dismount, mount done on lunch. If they can, I’m all ears… give me a ring when you open and I’ll head out.

You’d have to call them up I’d think. Paul is pretty quick with tires but who knows. Just give him a buzz

I know I am a huge fggt and all but i am in amherst

Get a better job that gives you a longer lunch break?

As far as I know Walmart can only mount STOCK size tires on your car.

Is this thread for real?

So there’s only ONE guy in the area can handle mounting tires???

OP…I can’t answer your question. Perhaps give Walmart a call??? If you’re concerned over anything ask what their ‘fix-it’ policy is should they screw something up…

And yet… I didn’t get a call. I was hoping you or Pat would chime in and offer to do it… but I didn’t hear anything. :frowning:

Can you do 315/35/17s?

I take about 8 hours worth of lunch per week… I don’t think the length of my lunch break was the problem, it was taking lunch (which was 1.5 hrs) and getting my tires mounted in the same break.

I made 2 calls to Walmart and got 2 different answers. First one was yes… second. No. Regardless of whether or not they were stock, they were concerned with the fact that they were 35 series tires.

Thanks for the content. I see you’re both supporting a local vendor as well as giving sound advice.

Not everyone can do 11" wide wheels… or 35 series tires. That is the problem. Also, Walmart does it for $8… it is mounting tires. There is only so many things that you can possibly do wrong. I highly recommend Walmart for tire mounting to everyone… it doesn’t get any cheaper.

However… Swerve came through for me. Big :tup:. Thanks to the guy who sold me the tires too… my problem was that they were mounted on different wheels, which would mean the guy would have to get his wheels back on lunch … but he let me borrow them.

They are for sale… 17x11 Camaro SS wheels. Black. I’ll have them all weekend… I think he was looking for $200.