Watervliet + Statie = How Bad?

I live a couple miles at a time. For those couple of miles, I’m free.

I’ve got 2 pending 15 over tickets. First one I was honest with the cop, he wrote me up for a lot lower than he clocked me at. Told me upfront that with my clean driving record, to plead not guilty and he would have it dropped down to something non moving related. I have a pre trial hearing in 2 weeks, and then my other in a month. Gonna take some smooth talking, but going to try to make my way out of it with no points.

What gets me is the people who just plead guilty. Retarded. 9 times out of 10 your ticket isint going to be taken personally (unless you were a dick) and its looked at as revenue. They will hit you with a lovely fine with an outrageous surcharge. Chalk it up and pay your tax

787 = Texas Mile of the Northeast.

That’s exactly what most tickets are…revenue. It’s a shame, but it is what it is. Cops could technically stop people for 5 over but don’t because people would flip the hell out.

My record is pretty damn clean. I may go in there, as slwr said, and try to talk to the DA myself and see what they say. If the DA wants to play hardball and go for the full 91 in a 55 or similar…then I might get a lawyer involved. Hell, if he says pay $500 and no points…SIGN ME UP!

This would have never happened if you got laid on a regular basis.

Ilya… I’m not trying to be a dick but slw must be slow because a 91 in a 65 like he got is different than a 91 in a 55. Do what you want… Be a complete retard if you want and not get a lawyer. I actually want you to not get one now because I want to see what happens.

It’s only 36 over…

Ilyas going to Federal Prison.

I just can’t get over what goes through someone’s head when they don’t wanna spend a few hundred on a lawyer when they get caught going 36 over…

…its really no big deal

91 in a 55, methamphetamines in the car, tint, you’re fucked.

Dude, yes it’s 36 over, but it wasn’t a misdemeanor, etc. I’d be worried if I had a long record of infractions, but I don’t.

I can’t see them rapin someone hardcore over a single speeding ticket unless it was of a misdemeanor variety or worse…and even then, I think someone with a clean record would get a pretty favorable outcome if they got a misdemeanor (not if they got a felony).

Especially Watervliet who does not get the same revenue as Colonie, etc. I’m sure of that. Watervliet will probably take any fine they can get.

i was stopped for wayy too fast in a 30, trooper wrote me for 59. Went to court after taking a defensive driving course, and had 2 letters of character, one of which was from A family friend who is a cop downstate. Ticket was dropped entirely and I was basically put on a 6 month probation

Happened in Thatcher Park

Just represent yourself. That way you save more in the end. It’s only a first time drug charge.

It’s not a big deal, your right… I’m talking about Not getting a lawyer when you could.

Pay a lawyer 300, pay lower fine and court fees, no points> pay fine and more court fees, get a few points on license, insurance rates go up

Either way it’s going to cost you, better just to pay up front instead of paying later.

66 in a 40 in Durham. Rolled in, talked nice to the cop, judge, clerk. Roll out with “disobeying stop sign” $100 fine. You need a wheelchair and a beard clearly.

I’ve had one speeding ticket in my life for 52 in a 35. I made one phone call to my lawyer, sent in a check for $400 and got a letter a month later saying the ticket was dismissed. No time in court or missed work, no points on my license or insurance, no hassle what so ever. It was just that easy and I never had to deal with it again, ever.

Or, you can do it your way…

The best part about getting a lawyer is that a lot of times you wont have to take time off from work to go to court…

I had an 81 in a 55 down in catskill reduced to disobeying a traffic device with no lawyer and an otherwise spotless record. This was also about 5 or 6 ago when NY was slightly less money hungry. I’d def get some kind of help on this one.

Fixed

^ This

In the long run not getting a lawyer will cost you more because of your insurance rate going up. The lawyer I referred you to is very reasonable and very good.