Watkins Glen June 15/16th 2009 -Patroon BMWCCA

For Calabogie we are running Ottawa’s convertible rules. They allow them with roll bars (factory in novice.intermediate – SCCA/CASC Rollbars for experienced and advanced)
For this event we are making sure that convertibles are approved ahead of time (making sure we have an instructor willing to ride in one)

Jeff – Ottawa has this thing about “race” cars in the instructor group. They require a passenger seat. For this event --instructors do not “HAVE” to have the passenger seat. ( our rules) – BUT based on the BMWCCA DEC in NOLA last month --ALL student cars must have passenger seats --as BMWCCA does require in car instruction.
Is your E30 registered? I think that makes it a “street” car. ( and helps going across the border)

Patroon is handling Tech and Grid – so I do not see a problem for you. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

SPEAKING OF THE BORDER— As of June 2009 You NEED a passport or enhanced license to get back in the USA.

AND DO NOT tell the Canadian border guards you are working at the event ( if you are) --they will not understand volunteer work–they figure you are being compensated. It may get you a body cavity search ( which Benny might like?)

Tom- I figure 5:30 the 88 exit --leaving by 5:45 ( no waiting for Bass)