we have the WORST for sale ads on earth...

I GUESS…

mark, thats is exactly what im saying

could i make my ads better? hell yes!

i could prolly sell the last half of this pepsi im drinking right now if i wanted to

but do 3/4 of this forum care if there looking at some fancy ad? no!

atleast my ads have descriptions, locations and prices. pics? not right away, but i dont own a digital cam and dont care to own one

better then ads like the rhd del sol one we have right now.

This is a setup that works pretty sick on another forum:
Accessories (742) Brakes (212) Audio Video (867) Drivetrain (110) Exhaust (1057) Engine (1355) Exterior (2181) Suspension (886) Wheels & Tires (2659) Cars for Sale (984) Misc. (198) Wanted (1641) Other cars (809)

That’s a pretty decent way of dividing it, and shouldn’t be too hard to moderate… Roast tends to be all over the Classifieds like white on rice anyway…

Another way might be to seperate the for sale stuff into

-OEM parts
-Aftermarket parts

It seems like 1/3 of the ads are for old engines/transmissions or oem parts in general from an old parts car that is being stripped/parted out.

May make it easier for those who need a bumper/fender/door/maf/stock manifold/etc, less stuff to browse through, and likewise for those looking for aftermarket stuff not needing to browse through the oem stuff.

I also think we should be allowed to edit our original post titles so we can edit it to reflect any updates.

For example, I have a forsale post, I bumped it after the week because I added a ton of stuff, would be nice to be able to change my post title to something like

FS - parts - Updated Nov X

That way people don’t assume it’s just been bumped again for the 10th time. They’ll see it was updated and hopefully not just skim right by.

Just my opinion that I thought I would throw into the mix.

ungh…

i HATE more than a couple for sale sections. it is just more shit to sift through and more and more posts that people have to make.

if i have 5 things for sale i dont want to have to make 4 different posts in 4 different sections.

You;re either selling a car, parts or something not 240sx related… end of story.

maybe we should have a section for parts that go towards the front half of the car and then a section for parts that go in the middle section of the car and then some parts that go on the bottom of the car and then some parts that you drag behind the car.

fuck, you sound like a bunch of politicians… maybe if we mix things around some and dont actually address the root cause at least people will think we are doing something to justify our position.

if people dont accept lowball offers they stop getting made.

if people stop responding to shit ads, people will make better ones are wont sell whatever they have and will respond by offering lower pricing on something with a shit ad.

i very rarely get lowballes. when i do, i say no. end of story.

more to the point, what am i doing about it?

i am NOT buying stuff from people with shit ads that is what i am doing.

got a shit ad with some stuff i want? fuck you, show some pics asshole.

true that some people can go on rep, varun doesnt have to always post pics, maybe i dont either. Heck maybe Matty doesnt… but Mr. IJOINEDTODAYTOSELLMYCAR had better post some friggin pics and tell us what exactly he gots.

i dont have time to lock it, i’d rather get mad and rant, but if anyone else wants to lock them up… do it

In my opinion, (which matters a lot)

I don’t think that Matt needs pics at all. He’s a reputable seller and he doesn’t fuck around.

just to clarify, i was only singling matt out because i know him.

i am mostly concerned with newbs joining up to sell cars or random parts with horrible descriptions, no pics, no price, no location…

hi i got a car for sale, its a nissan 240sx, pm me for info and price and location etc. etc… fukk this stuff.

I definitely have to agree with that.

i’ll give you 25 cents shipped

deal

for you big john, ill send a full, unopened pepsi

Perfect!!!

For real though, what about being able to change post titles, not a good idea?

how can you sell rims without knowing offset?

isn’t that one of the biggest contributing factors in buying rims?

that made me scratch my head…and not the one down there…

theyre 18 x 9 -20

if it really offends you that much, illl delete it,

but it will just be back up again in 2 weeks when i have the info i need (or more likely will be sold to someone on gtrc)

i’ll emt you a 10 cent deposit and pay the rest off when i get my paycheck…lmao

but some of the ads i have seen are pretty fucked up

i think an oem parts and aftermarket parts section would be reasonable

i think we should delete old threads or sumthin cus recently n00bs bump them from all the way back from '05

oh how’d you find out the offset?

nah doesn’t offend me at all, just found it pretty weird to post something up without having any information about the rim specs and no pics and didn’t have them on hand.

but whatever floats your boat. 18x9 -20 is a good size if one were to run overfenders. 18x9 -20 on all 4 corners?

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too… That’s just stupidity on their behalf though… The first thing I look at on a FS thread is the date…