Weather 518

How much snow do you all have down by albany? Forecast says a dusting to an inch here in saratoga but we already have 3 inches of snow.

yeah i just drove that shit, up like exit 23- 15 was baddd, the roads sucked by around 10 there wasnt even a dusting.

Fuck I’m about to make the drive down from Plattsburgh now. At least I got snow tires that should help a little.

Roads are wet in Colonie and Niskayuna with a coating on the driveways.

It is colder than a polar bears dickballs outside. Fuck this shit.

Ice/Freezing rain on its way early AM tommorow into the 5pm commute. Should be a disaster.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU Driving to Kingston tomorrow. 145s should be fun.

HVCC should be fun tomorrow.

No matter what time the storm hits, I’ll have to drive in it. I’m there all day.

Yeah, its gonna be a fun ride home. However central to northern vt should see around a foot of snow. This wintter has been pretty kick ass for skiing so far.

Helmet law:

QUEENSBURY, N.Y.–The weekend death of a teenager on Windham Mountain in the Catskills has renewed calls for improved safety.

State police say 18-year-old Erin Clare Malloy-McArdle of Long Island lost control at high speed and hit a tree on Windham Mountain Sunday morning.

The novice skier wasn’t wearing a helmet and suffered extensive head injuries.

It’s been 15 years since a fatality occurred at Windham Mountain, the accident causing many to think twice about safety.

“It’s really tragic,” says Emily McCabe. “I hope that it inspires more people to invest in a helmet. It’s a great investment and they aren’t that expensive.”

News 10’s Taryn Fitsik traveled to another local ski resort Monday, West Mountain in Queensbury, where renting a helmet only costs $12.00 a day, what some call a small price to pay if it means saving your life.

“I wear a helmet because I care about my safety and I don’t want to be in a hospital,” says skier Megan Goodwin.

“People who may have been wavering about whether or not to wear one, or make the investment, I think they will make the move to getting a helmet.”

“Even if you’re a good skier, you can always hit an icy spot, or someone can hit you,” says skier Rick Spring. “If you’re wearing a helmet, you’re just protecting yourself.”

“I don’t have time for this chicken shit bull shit,” shouted a belligerent Ryan Kramer. Ryan was among the few who chose not to wear a helmet, stating that he “did not give a dead moose’s last shit” about injuries and chose not to add the extra $12 to his rental fees.

In the interest of safety, New York Assemblyman Felix Ortiz says a law requiring the use of helmets must go into effect, one he’s been pushing for six years.

“This bill is about public safety,” says Ortiz. “It’s about saving lives, and it’s a prevention mechanism to prevent accidents like this one from happening in New York State.”

Ortiz says he hopes to see the helmet law go into effect during this legislative session, a law he says at the end of the day, will only have a positive outcome.

A law for ski helmets would most likely only apply to kids <14 yrs old like the bike helmet law, therefore this chick would have still died.

Lol at the Kramer edit to the story, helmet law would be gay.

Me and the girlfriend will be at windham tonight. Getting there around 4. It’s 35 bucks for 4-9. Blue snowboard, black pants, black coat with grey pin stripes. I’ll be falling all over myself and snowboarding like a true baller(pussy).

Gonna be cold as balls this weekend, but a chance for a major storm middle of next week!

damn storms every 3 days or so lol

1-3 inches my ASS

Global warming guys.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2rfvf4y.jpg

I heard blizzard potential for the middle of next week.

Epic winter so far.

going to frear tomorrow, some jumps were built there the other day and they looked like theyd be pretty fun to hit. 10-15 foot gaps lol