Wedding Thread

Yeah, we definitely don’t want the typical cookie cutter wedding photos.

It seems most places do give you full access to the photos. I’ll keep that in mind though.

matt will, youll get a cd with every photo taken.

hell your half way there. you got the month and year established, now just determine the day and time and your planning is done.

It wasn’t too bad. I honestly don’t remember how much we paid for Kloc’s in all. We made several payments over the course of two years to whittle it down. But it wasn’t anything astronomical. I’ll do some research and try to figure out what we paid.

Update (I’m going to try and post as much as possibly for the 5% of NYSpeed that isn’t married yet :P)
Looked at the following places:

1. Timberlodge
  2. Joseph’s
  3. Samuels Grand Manor
  4. Banchettis

We are going with the Timberlodge for ceremony and reception.

Thanks I just got engaged last week we started looking for all this crap also :lol:

(Late) Congrats.

Just kinda updating this. Fiancee got invitations from Michael’s for $56 (80 count). Her girlfriend paid over $800 for about double the invitations. DYI FTW!

Well another 2 things done. We went with Toy Bros for a DJ, and we went with resident photographer and Speeder Micah Weber for photography. Definitely happy with our choices.

We are having the wedding at the Avanti Mansion…yay lets put the turbo kit for the LS1 off another year lol

Ask your wife to use the wedding money for it…report back.

my brother is getting married there next september, beautiful place but yea $$…i am so glad all my wedding shit it done and over…its been a year already…any questions let me know

It is what it is hopefully you only get married once and it will make her happy.

I have many years to make the car faster :tup:

my bother just got married in august. his reception was at rich’s atrium in downtown buffalo. it was very beautiful in there. the only thing i didnt like was that the ceremony was on a gazebo like platform and only immediate sat up on the same platform leaving all others to be far away looking through the flowers and shrubs. food was excellent and the cake is included in the price!

they went with a girl named kate blank for the photography she was the best. was great with children and always knew where to be for being new to the business! i recomend her FULLY she will actually be doing my wedding next year as a matter of fact. this was the teaser set she gave us for my brother http://kateblankphoto.com/risky-business-aj-mellissa/

im having my wedding at banchettis in sept. 2012. so far they have been very nice. my band played the lunch in the park there and the lady planner came out to say hi and to welcome me back. very friendly.

as for kloks… thats where my brother originally had there wedding set to be but then they triple booked the day. yes you heard right, triple booked the day and cancelled theirs…

hah, yeah…you’re lucky you got as far as you did with the build this year!

my wife does wedding flowers out of the house.

As there is no overhead, it’s usually much cheaper than a shop can charge.
(she gets everything @ the same wholesalers at similar prices)

Think, 200-400% markup on materials when dealing with average wedding flower cost.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

I have seen their pics @ my daughters dance studio. (the owner choreographs for the jills)

LOL @ Fry’s in the website intro. I hope you get royalties.

For anyone still looking for stuff… we booked Pearl Street for our wedding… (June, 2013) Natalie is absolutely amazing so far. Very accomodating and haven’t heard 1 bad thing about them from anyone we’ve spoken to yet!! Our photographer is Christopher Scinta- very artsy style.

Anything DYI you can do… DO IT!!! It saves soooo much money! Especially when it comes to invitations- Michaels/AC Moore/JoAnne’s is awesome, especially with the half off coupons you can use

Went to a wedding a pearl street last year, absolutely loved it! Enjoy!

So did I, it was great. They had like the whole 3rd floor. Food was casual and good.

Just got married there last month. To be completely honest, I wasn’t thrilled with the planners there. I guess for the money I was paying, I expected things to be more organized. For example, we sat down to set some plans on paper and questions were being asked of us that we had already addressed in e-mails leading up to the meeting. Little things like that just seemed to annoy me. I would expect that maybe they could have reviewed our file prior to the meeting?

Anyways, it’s probably more so the stress of it all that made me a bit upset with the way certain things were handled. In the end, the day of the wedding was just awesome start to finish and I certainly have no regrets about choosing Avanti. Food was phenomenal, weather thankfully was perfect, and everything about the day was just amazing.

If you have any questions about the place feel free to PM me.

Glad to hear more positive feedback! We have the 4th floor. Hello inside/outside bar!!! Definitely getting anxious for the day to arrive… but we still have a ton to do before then…

I’ve heard good and bad things about Avanti. Good friends of ours are having their wedding there August 2012. The new building is absolutely GORGEOUS inside… but I’ve heard the same about their planning staff not really being all that organized and a minor headache leading up to the big day… but then everything is fine the day of.

Was just at a wedding at Klocs a few weeks ago- Food was amazing but we were outside so it was VERY humid. They had some fans going, but definitely not enough to get any kind of air movement going through the pavilion with 200+ people there.