Wedding Thread

I am about a little over a month away for my big day.

We were going to book at the Avanti Mansion and Pearl Street but they were booked :frowning:
We looked at the Lockport Locks and I was a big fan of it but it doesn’t fit 230+ well, reason for not booking there.

However, our reception is at Sean Patricks and we are really excited for our big day :slight_smile:

bump what a money pit

We ended up spending so much more than we anticipated lol. The day was awesome though, and we couldn’t have imagined it working out any better.

I can say with confidence that we definitely stimulated the economy of Asheville, NC quite nicely lol.

Are you having yours outdoors? As long as the weather pans out for you, it will be well worth it. I had the same thoughts running through my head at exactly this time last year. But once the day came, everything went without a hitch and it was the best day of my life. Weather, ceremony, food, music/entertainment, it was all awesome.

edit- And don’t worry, while the costs seem absurd right now, you should get a decent amount back from your guests :slight_smile:

Avanti Mansion outside end of august.

I don’t really care its one of those major expenses most people have to deal with…I would have preferred to make my camaro an 8sec car for the money I have into the wedding lol.

Good bump. We’re actually pretty pleased right now with the costs. Even going bare minimum with guests and what not you’ll be lucky to keep it under 10k for all you recently engaged. We just ordered our flowers at <$500, which includes flowers for the parents, groomsman, etc. I’ll try and get a breakdown of what we are spending for the wedding and where we are going for stuff.

I need suggestions for limo service however. We’ll need to cart the drunks back to the hotel (~9-10mi away)

I don’t even think you can book Avanti alone under $10k

I can also post a breakdown when it gets closer we got a deal on cake/flowers from family friends and its going to be around $20k right now but im sure we forgot some stuff…I should have waited longer between getting engaged and the wedding since the stupid ring was big dent.

^What’s your guest count? I’m inviting around 125.

When I bought the ring (price being withheld) I went to Jared, put it on their 12 month no interest account and payed monthly online. I payed it off in like 8 months.

160ish

we ended up having about 120 show up…cost was 2-3x that

Co worker had to give up her deposit and cancel her wedding at the avanti. They started to dick her around. Not returning calls, charging for every little thing. Just be cautious.

As long as you read the contract upon giving the deposit you should be ok.

We are going with Giorgios out in Lancaster. They actually have a town car service that you can get for after the reception. I forget the cost, but they will keep the car going and take guest home or back to their hotel. You may even be able to get a limo bus and just do one big run. They have been very accommodating thus far. ((716) 683-7455)

I guess that goes in the win column for Buffalo :lol:

Where did you go for flowers? That’s the one thing I don’t have set yet. Looked into Woyshners in Lackawanna, but they were kinda pricey.

I’m lucky. My fiance’s parents house and land is good for the 200 people that will be at our wedding. That being said-

Photography by ayres photography (funny story, cait found them on line and loved their work, turns out I knew him growing up, I was good friends with his younger brothers)

Catering by the depot in leroy, ny

The 2 nights after we get married will be spent at the Delaware mansion

I’m having 2 former co workers bartend, pretty sure music by Steve k (you would know him if you go to toro) and her dad is buying all the booze. A basement corner has boxes of alcohol stacked

I’m stoked. It should be a blast

Ps my friends reception was at the avanti mansion. It was super meh

This. Always read the contract to know what little charges will be extra. I failed to do this thoroughly enough and it added on some costs I wasn’t originally factoring in.

To LZ, as your date gets closer, you will sit down and go through an itemized checklist of every expense with Avanti. Make sure it is 100% correct! They made mistakes on mine which I threw a bit of a fit over to make some things work in my favor.

Also, I had around 150 people at my wedding and was able to keep it under $25k just for reference.

We had Flowers by Johnny on Delaware Ave, pretty happy with them.

May have mentioned this before, but cannot speak highly enough about Sweet Beginnings Bakery for the cake and Nickel City Studios for their photography. Both places were fantastic to deal with and just awesome service overall.

Nice choice. Spent the night there after I proposed to my wife and then again on our wedding night.

Steve did our wedding and it was great.

I’ve heard very good things about sweet beginnings as well. I hear they make funfetti cake!!! For your tastings, they pretty much give you little round cakes to take home. Instead of freezing your top layer for your 1 year anniversary, they actually make you a small round cake for free.

Muscoreil’s makes you a fresh cake on your 1 year anniversary. :tup: