Wedding Thread

Positive feedback! This I like. So how much is it just to have the event at the avanti? Out of curiosity

just your reception?? They do it kind of weird, they dont go by guest count, it’s by $ amount. So for a Friday night wedding, I believe you have to spend $7500 and for a Saturday night it’s $12000.

Brighton-Eggert Florist in Tonawanda. They are family owned and run (The Reinhardts) and very personable. I went in a couple days before mother’s day and even though they were crazy busy, they still had a smile on there face and were willing to help. They are also a personal friend of my cousin, so we went there.

I have been to other receptions at Avanti and thought they were nice…In the end it was whatever the wife really wanted since you usually only get married once etc.

Does this include well drinks and meh food? Just curious. Even if it does that seems like an insane amount of money

Yes it includes drinks and food

jam, it’s a minimum… everything you want for your event is priced out individually (usually) and I would bet that in a lot of cases, the number goes a bit higher than those numbers. The reason they put minimums on it is so that they can make sure you’re not booking a tiny wedding with them and they’re guaranteed to make certain profits. Otherwise it’s a waste of a night for them.

Think of how many 300k Hondas you could buy :lol:

Well drinks, meh food. :tup:

Have fun doing the chicken dance, bro

Where did you do pictures after the ceremony?? Could use some ideas!

That’s on our do not play list. Fuck traditional songs.

We’re doing ours right on site via Micah Weber.

Didn’t know that about the 1 year anniversary, and we did freeze ours but maybe we’ll do both. And true story, half of our wedding cake was funfetti (my choice lol).

Did ours on site as well at Avanti.

Yes they break it down by guest but do carry these base minimums. We had ours on a Sunday (day before the 4th of July :tup:) so that saved us some money and got us a few freebies like their DJ service, which was awesome because he played everything we wanted.

Lol so true.

edit- I guess I should add that if anyone has questions regarding Avanti or just wedding budgets in general, feel free to PM me. I did a pretty good job itemizing the budget to make our wedding work, but it also took about a year and a half of planning/saving lol.

The two other weddings I went to at Avanti both had the live grill which I and everyone else there enjoyed which is the route we took.

I just checked the wedding/reception is $14,000 at this point with food and premium open bar all night

I’ll PM my address for the invitation :stuck_out_tongue: :beer:

It sucks they don’t allow shots, but then again flasks are always good. I thought the live grill would be great but it was cheaper for us to go with a 3 choice entree option.

Timberlodge doesn’t allow shots either :(. They also don’t allow underage…some of my cousins are like 19/20 and my brother who’s a groomsman will be 3 months shy of 21.

Most places dont allow shots. My cousin is in the same boat. She will be exactly 2 months shy of 21 at our wedding and she’s in the party.

Is your reception at Timberlodge?! I wanted to go look at it, but felt it was too far away for our guests to travel. :frowning:

Dude, don’t do shots at your wedding…it gets out of hand REALLY fast. Went to a wedding for some good friends last summer and had shots lined up all night. Every guest below the age of 35 could barely walk out of the place. The older crowd was not amused.

Everything is at the Timberlodge for us.

Yeah probably not the best idea to have shots at your wedding, but they’re awesome at other people’s weddings lol. My best man’s dad was re-married two summers ago and it was hilarious to see some of the 35+ crew getting it done.