Weed Stocks & Investing Thread (And Cannabis Campus Buffalo)

i think WeedMD is overhyped on there but i could be wrong. earnings will be the tell. cash on hand is semi-relevant but only really matters if they’re doing cool stuff with it.

long term i think they’re a fine bet.

I put a few more grand into MMEN yesterday.

Let’s ride it all to the moon!

medmen has been taking a beating, picked up some more though!

And people will be FOMOing medmen tomorrow. Thank you again @bing. One of these days I gotta take you out for a big fat steak.

EDIT - shouldn’t have introduced me to that subreddit @bing lol Couple yolo stocks I added to my watchlist - Waterways technologies, aura health and co2 grow. Check them out.

im in GROW from $0.28. It got above $0.60 but has been walked back down. It’ll fly eventually. their tech is redic. they’ll get gobbled up by someone soon.

buddy of mine did Waterways and did okay too.

MMEN is a retirement stock right now. Tonight’s earnings were pretty decent. Won’t be a blow out but hopefully will get back into the $4 range (CDN)

I just re-balanced my cannabis portfolio after doing about 7 hours of reading on Reddit and random news articles (gf was not happy last night).

I’m holding and will be building these positions. I will assess their risk in my mind even though overall the whole sector is high risk -

Aurora (lowest risk)
Aphria (medium-low)
Medmen (medium)
WeedMd (medium)

Dark Horses -

Eve & Co (High Risk) (Very interesting niche producer. Women ran, for women, by women. People want minority and women run businesses to succeed in today’s “white-male dominated world”. Not just weed, but eventually lotions, skin care products, maybe even dildos one day?)

Cannabix (Mega High). God just pull this shit off already.

Crop Infrastructure Corp (High) - Supply capital and use leasing programs for the cannabis industry.

The reason Cannabix I believe is the highest is because they’re all on their own. Smaller growers such as Eve & Co I think may eventually be bought out.

To the moon we all hopefully go. If weed can get legalized on a federal level in the US everything related to cannabis is going to skyrocket. And once the US does something, everyone else will follow suit. Cheers to Canada for being the first though!

terrible investment thesis.

@Bing I was being half serious and half funny. Check them out before judging! Good financials, and they just inquired a massive property to grow and have begun shipments overseas. I was surprised to find out the RBC is working with them, which is news in of itself. I like that insiders hold 50% of shares, I feel that it would give them incentives to grow. Apparently they have some pretty bomb weed too. I threw in $500 worth of shares, let’s see where they sit a year from now!

EDIT - Here’s a couple links!

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/05/24/1849158/0/en/Eve-Co-Announces-Financial-Results-for-the-Three-Month-Period-Ended-March-31-2019.html

EDIT - MMEN fell flat yesterday, picked up more. The shorts ended up winning!

Also I couldn’t find GROW. What’s the name of the company?? - NVM Found it!

Jump in while you can!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/magic-mushrooms-online-store-legalization_ca_5d13f28ee4b09ad014fa4b98

It’s happening @Bing up in your neck of the woods!!

ooooff Canopy today… might be time to re-up.

yeah tuesday was amazing, but we gave it all back these last 2 sessions.

I just keep adding to my position! Long long long! Got some more Medmen today, aurora, canopy, aphria, cannabix and surprisingly my scotts miracle grow is up the most, 20% so far.

Bruce was buying today:

Picked up another 100 shares of Medmen today, then a couple of the rest of the gang. The fractional investing makes it super easy on M1 for my cannabis ETF.

EDIT - @LZ Your favorite! Just domain squatted 3 .com’s lol queencitynugs, queencitybuds, queencitybud

@bing how’s your asshole? Mine’s pretty loose. Scooping up more of everything though!

I’m sure vaping panic is contributing to the downturn. It’s a short term issue though, which means it’s also a chance to buy.

Didn’t even consider this!

yeah there will be a bounce back but i dont thikn i’ll do as well on it. some of the stuff i had reasonable postions in is likely not coming back.

lots of chatter on CRON’s afterhours tonight.

Canopy is developing cannabis vape products, so time will tell.

I’m down overall 48% on my cannabis portfolio, I keep averaging in. Dropped another 500 today in my “pie”.

@bing I think all of our positions will recover, but it won’t be until at least 2021-22, and 2024-2028 for the 100s-1000s% gains. It needs to be federally legal, and I don’t think that’ll get pressed until a democrat is in the white house. Even when that happens, it’ll still take years from the time of their election. And besides, even if it’s federally legal, how do you make the cousin-fuckin’ states enforce the legalization? Do the individual state’s rights comes before the country’s?

Full blown legalization IMO across the country won’t be until 2030. I’m more than happy to wait and build a big ass position until then. Retiring before 45 would still be pretty great.