weird problem

i just did an oil change on my car, i put in 10w30 and a very small bit of hunny oil(helps prevent oil burning) and now my car seems to need more rpms to get to a certain speed, on the highway yesterday i was doing 120 and it was at 3400 where it normally is at 3 or so, i didnt over fill the crank case or anything and there is maybe 100ml of hunny oil so i dont think it could be making it sluggish.

ideas??

any help?

thanks
sean

weird problem?
I don’t have an answer I just don’t believe you poured honey into your oil. I can’t imagine how that would help … but I can imagine how it would make things worse.

its not actually hunny, it just looks like it, you actually buy it in stores.

i dont remember what the product is actually called but for some reason my old boss used to refer to it as hunny oil and thats the only name i could remember

sorry for the confusion

:?

i

Lucas oil? It looks like a strange mixture of boogers and what one might call “honey” to me… but I’m stupid so…

My guess is that some monkeys came and are hiding in your oilpan. The sluggishness is from the crank rubbing againt their backs.

^ im kinda slow today? what do u mean monkeys, and yeah i think its lucus

hahahahaha

EDIT: Im sorry, that wasnt very constructive. … but I was laughing pretty hard. I think youre just crazy… if your car was running at 3000rpm at 120 before, it should always be the same. Unless you unknowingly swapped out your rear diff by accident, rather then changing your oil.

…or if your clutch is slipping, but if it seems like its consistantly 400rpm higher, thats probably not the case.

i didnt think he was being serious, but people have diffrent names for everything right?

Lucas oil stablizer is a lot different then honey.

A lot different.

And Josh is right, the speed your car is going is directly related to the RPMs. Only way to change that would be to swap gears somewhere along the way.

Stop huffing the honey.

i dunno i must have just been crazy, it was pretty late last night :?

thanks for the help and the words of wisdom.

this is my first car, that i have to pay for and work on(we had a beater van that i got and rents payed for repairs for a year or so) so im trying to learn. i dont pretend i know alot but i try to learn as much as i can.

so sorry for the waste of bandwith.

it might just be i havnt drivin my car on the highway in a couple of weeks and just forgot.

thanks again
sean

this is my car btw

just a small correction, i got home from work.

its actually called bardhal no smoke formula. its the exact same colour as hunny and pretty damn sticky.

just thought i would clear taht up.

Heh, I was wondering who could afford 100ml of honey oil and put in the crankcase.

Well, things like going up or down a hill on the highway can add or drop RPMs too :wink:

? If you change your speed … ? We are talking about a manual here right ?

Heh, just being an ass … if you add rpms, you will go faster, if your driveline is intact.

It was funnier in my head, but it reminded me of a guy who asked me why his RPMs would climb and drop with the cruise control on.

“Uhmm … hills?”

Changing tire/rim combos can do this though.