went from KA-T to SR

copy and paste?

im old guy… 23!! give me a break im just not thinking, just got in from working hard

sean, trinituner wheres my invite to draggone? oh wait do i need an “sr20” first? lolll

No, you need to be a man of color, and integrity.

The latter doesn’t matter as much though.

Hahaha

LOL at this thread…

I’m starting my own team! So we can be like family!..

No seriously I am

Can I join your team Dustin? I have an SR…

is this a only sr family ?

SR isn’t a requirement… but you have to meet me at the wink and then pass the nudge nudge to join the team…

Its very top secret.

i went through the exact situation about a month ago…

put aside all the bickering about KA vs. SR for a sec and just look at facts

I had my heart set on a KA-T setup as well…hp goal around 300whp (with reliability) which means i needed a nice turbo setup with some minor reinforced parts for the ka. Then I needed someone to properly tune the thing, and work out all of the small kinks that are bound to go wrong. By the end of it all, I budgeted out at least $5000 or so to do a proper setup…without taking any short cuts.

I came across a very sweet deal for a s13 blacktop for $2600 engine + installation…

yes…the hp goal wasn’t met, but all i need to do is up the boost and i’m in the same neighbourhood (albiet I still need to get some parts to do that safely) but the thing is…i also do know that a proper sr swap should also cost you in the area of $5000 without any short cuts…i just happened to come across a good deal…like yourself…and yours is a better deal than mine!

and now i’m glad that i didn’t aim for 300whp, because what I have now (approximately 220whp) is more than enough for me to get used to on the track. Besides…now I have some money left over for other badly needed stuff, like brakes…better tires…suspension etc… it just seemed like obvious logical move at the time, due to the low price I got. That’s all.

^^^ $5000 you would have built a monster!!!

If anybody was looking to build a KA-T with power goals around 400hp and lower, all you have to do is (1) forge pistons you can leave your stock rods in, they are good for up too 450. (2) ARP head bolts Cometic gasket (3) A good tune ( JWT, NO NO SAFC). To rebuild the engine will cost $2000 with rods and around 2300 with(eagal rods), if you want a full race PNP head with flow test, bigger valves, dual spring, BC V3 CAMS it will be around $2200. So if you want a full monster build it will cost $ 4500. All you will need is a turbo, manifold and engine management system.

that is true…but that is only $4500 dollars in parts.

I dont have the tools…nor the expertise to do any of these things myself. After factoring in labour…that price inflates quite a bit.

that $2600 for swap was including labour costs.

Who else wants to shoot themself in the head after reading this thread?

i agree…this topic has been discussed to death

do you want me to volunteer for that job?

i know its been done over and over again, but more people doing things that has not been so big in the past, so its like getting new view! and you should shoot yourself for wasting time you didnt need to if you already knew everything!! but i dont and want updated views on the two!!

do the KA-T … its already in your engine bay. end of story.

Labour to install $500.00, and remember the built KA-T is a fresh (new) engine.

If money is tight and you can put a head on a block this might be for you. short block cost $1300( piston, arp head bolt, cometic gasket and new bearings.

what comes with being a part of team draggone? how do we join? do we get to put the cool TEAM DRAGGONE in our sigs too? need more info.

thanks
skinny

^^ lol ur funny… even if you were serious… the way this forum is it would be hard to believe

maybe if you explained your self a lil better people would understand and not make fun. right now it sounds like you guys are trying to live the fast and furious life style. you guys sound like street royality.