What a good port and polish can do

We have been tinkering with the Honda D17 for years and just decided to do a Port and Polish on a head. Well we where floored at the results and I figured we would share.

Baseline:
164whp and 142ft/lbs on 5 PSI with an auto tranny; tuned 11.5:1

Addition:
PnP Head, 577CC injectors (from 310cc), Walbro 255 in tank (from stock), retuned 11.5:1

New numbers:
208whp and 211ft/lbs on 5 PSI with an auto tranny; tuned 11.5:1

Gain:
44whp and 69ft/lbs!

:headbang::headbang:

thats awesome :tup:

nice work

good numbers but there were to many other variables changed to say that the port and polish gave you a 44whp and 69ft/lbs, gain.

How long ago was the baseline number?

Regardless, nice gain and good numbers

wow nice job!:tup:

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:4,topic:29398"”]

good numbers but there were to many other variables changed to say that the port and polish gave you a 44whp and 69ft/lbs, gain.

How long ago was the baseline number?

Regardless, nice gain and good numbers

[/quote]

No other changes. Same boost, same 93 Chevron octane, same log manifold, same E50 turbo, same dyno. Baseline was 2 weeks ago. :smiley:

The fuel injectors (310cc) where running 85% duty on the car with the previous power. When we put on the head, it was making the same PEAK power at 3 PSI of boost and at 4K RPMS instead of 7500 RPMS, and we could not add anymore fuel. So we swapped the injectors and the pump for good measure, otherwise bye bye motor because it was ran stupid lean.

There was about 10 hours of flow bench testing into this head. The CFM gains are there, hence the power 73.5 CFM total over stock

:tup:

sweetness, too bad its an auto tranny.

impressive :tup:

[quote=“mycarsux,post:8,topic:29398"”]

sweetness, too bad its an auto tranny.

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with an auto, depending on the purpose. :wink:

Not to put it down but like Dan said there are way too many variables changed to honestly attribute the power gain to the head work.

Good job on power gain none the less. Crank the brooost

i dont know man, those D17 heads looked like poop. its kinda believable, especially on a boosted engine.

Finally somone speaking from experience of looking at one. :bloated:

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:12,topic:29398"”]

i dont know man, those D17 heads looked like poop. its kinda believable, especially on a boosted engine.

[/quote]