What Bov is this??

Hey guys just a quick question that is really killing me…what bov is this?

You can really hear it at the last pull, I know its not Blitz DD, HKS SSQV, GReddy Rs or S and not Tial either.

If you know or have a guess let me know.

Thanks!

thats called compressor surge. not a BOV… it is when the turbine pressure generated by the turbo goes back into spool wheel and creates that sound

that sounds like my hks on soft setting

Doesn’t sound like there’s a BOV, I just hear compressor surge from a big turbo.

this setup sounds pretty sick for an rb20det.

Trust

I had a feeling it might be compressor surge, damnit I really wanted a bov that sounds like that.

u can get a similar sound but installing an external wastegate

i have a prof bov and when i have it set on really soft it makes that same noise. and when i hit full throttle to high rpm it makes the same noise but REALLLY loud, i have people in all types of boosted cars asking me about the bov i have, they are easy to come by if you can read japan es and can use yahoo japan, i got it from ted, heatw. im sure in his ventures in japan rite now he can find you one.

also the prof bov i have now, IS made to be recirc. but i have it going to atmosphere. none the less, i love that sound.

Wtf? You gotta be kidding me…

:picard:

lol no you dont

you get a loud as fuck car when its dumped

I wanna hear this…

Dont mind my noobness on Bov’s but if you change the setting to soft is that bad or basically your just adjusting the sound of it? Oh yea and when a Bov is recirculated how much quieter is it? Can you still hear it or not at all? My boy had a supra and after he recirculated his bov I could’nt even hear it, I dunno if it was because it was a stock bov, or is that what recirculating a bov does completely remove the sound.

I meant to say that the wastegate can make a similar chatter noise that Polar_b16 wants

Umm no. Do you even own a car that has an external wastegate?

adjusting the bov will let it blow off premature, mine on soft will blow off at 3,4 vacumme but i dont really mind. it sounds good.
as for peter saying i have a loud ass car, that is cause i had it properly set when yuo heard it LOL!

another thing, With NO blow off valve you will get that noise gaurente.
as for people saying no bov’s will fuck up your turbo. i have yet personally to see it happin, i ran for about 13 months or so with no bov, when i inspected my turbo, it had no shaft play and is still not leaking any fluids. and its also still running strong as crap.

try no bov or making it REALLY stiff.

its either a sard r2d2 or prof most likely a R2D2 though

please don’t give tech advice… your talking out your ass…

1. BOV’s don’t work under vacuum, they work on over pressure differential.
  2. no BOV WILL damage your turbo, i) pressure wave acts to stall the compressor impeller causing a sever offset moment load on the shaft this can burn and ‘ovalize’ wet bushings and crack inner races. ii) the compressor impeller can twist loose by backing off the top cap nut causing both an impalace in the CHRA and turbo ‘grenading’. Just because you may not have been able to visually see, damage on yours does not mean it does not exist and is not a very REAL threat.

R2D2 won’t flow that HP volume… a SARD race , HKS race or Greddy High pressure make those ’ dual stage’ noises at that HP.

Otherwise, wioth lower power ( less volume ), an HKS SSQV with a different ring insert, the R2D2 inline, not the side vent and probably a few others I can’t think of at the moment.

then can you please tell me why i hear my bov when i am at 4-5 vacuum? and can you also expalin how my turbo is still going? and with no problems,
ALSO id like to say i was not GIVING tech advice at all. i was just going on personal experience. im not a licensed mechanic, therefore i will never be able to give advice only when i know im right.

get your balls out of the vice and stop tryin to be a big man. next time i see you i can show you and you can CLEARLY hear my bov going off…

how the fuck am i giving tech advice on someone tryin to find out what bov makes that noise??
“well you see here, first you get some duct tape, then you wrap it around your exhaust mani…”

4-5 WHAT vacuum? measument system? bar ? HG? kpa?.. common.

and where is your GAUGE your taking this info from Located ? certainly not right beside the BOV. MY guess would be you have a boost gauge hooked up IN the plenum and your using this to measure from…

try no bov or making it REALLY stiff.

hmm I must have mistaken that as advice… silly me… it’s a recipe for brownies…