What car to buy Daily Driver

Ok so im having some serious problems deciding what type of car i want to buy. I already have a fast car so i dont really car about speed or modifying it but however i do prefer a fun to drive car even if it is just a daily. It will be driven in Seattle for about a year then i will be moving back to b-lo so it will see snow. I really like 3-series bmws but i just dont know if i would enjoy driving it enough and how it would be in the snow. I have always really liked the WRX STI and EVO so Im looking at them as well. I also have other options like quit being a wuss make the fast car way faster and drive around a 5-6k car. Or lol i hate to say it but ive also thought of getting a 99-00 FRC C-5 and a cheap car lol. Ok so what direction would you go I probably wont spend more then 20-22k. Thanks alot.

If I didn’t feel like over-extending myself, I’d absolutely have an EVO or STi as a new daily driver in addition to my MR2 and Esprit.

good luck keeping the evo/sti stock lol

grand prix’s make nice daily drivers :roll:

Can’t go wrong with an Evo or STi in this area.

3 Series would be fine in the snow. Put some snow tires on and you are good to go…but I prefer RWD in the snow so I am probably biased.

I know Im going to get ripped for this but here goes, I was at a Dodge dealer last night looking around for something for the wife. I have to tell you that the Avenger R/T AWD is a nice car.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/avenger/

[quote=“SVT3945,post:6,topic:34968"”]

I know Im going to get ripped for this but here goes, I was at a Dodge dealer last night looking around for something for the wife. I have to tell you that the Avenger R/T AWD is a nice car.

[/quote]

:rx3: .

Put snows on the Fbod

STI for the win

buy neonGLHs STi

If you are single then E46.

evos stuck for daily drivers… just not tame enough… I would vote STi because the loose steering feel, climate, wide seats, and large displacement work better for a daily. I’d probably just go with a 3 series over that… they have a lot more luxury and are very fun to drive without being annoying.

mazdaspeed6? awd… more of an… adult look…not as much tempation or availability for upgrades…

and why havnt u eliminated those call centers in india yet?

EDIT* u said 20-22K… /shrug

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:8,topic:34968"”]

Put snows on the Fbod

[/quote]

I seriousley would drive it in the snow. I have no real issue driving it all the time. But honestley fuel economy owns me lol and shaking all the time FTL. Ok so i think i have EVO out of the question. I really like the E46 and STI. You guys are right I probably wont leave the STI stock but oh well. I would also ponder a regular WRX to save some cash for umm more important things in life lol. Is there a big difference in the WRX vs STI aside from power. E46 is really tempting as i want to be an adult someday.

The tranny in the WRX is made out of glass compared to the Sti

Differences WRX vs. STI in a nutshell

-Softer seats
-Less aggressive suspension
-No fancy center differential control
-Cheaper to maintain
-Less power
-5-Speed Tranny, or Automatic
-Available in wagon form for the ultimate in boring practicality
-Costs less
-Early WRXs with their glass transmissions if you like to launch.

And probably a few others I’m missing, or not empathizing enough.

[quote=“SVT3945,post:6,topic:34968"”]

[/quote]

god you are old

Ok so what do you guys think would be cheaper to maintain. BTW i was really hoping more people would support FRC vette and beater lol shit. Maybe ill sell the mullet mobile and get a vette. I really want a FRC.

E46 will have a lower maintance cost than the EVO for sure, I can say for the STI

The STI’s gas mileage is the same as the EVO I thought?