What did you need to get your 240 running?

SO first off, i’m new to this 240 game myself, just got a white 1990 auto. following my dad’s footsteps with getting a 240. his is currently under the knife recieving an RB25DET swap. SO I’m wondering to everyone here what problems you had as soon as you bought your car? motor troubles? body, ext. I Paid 450$ for mine. motor runs strong, good brakes, clean interior(black), rough body slight surface rust. but the frame shes slighty rotten. < will be fixed soon. all that was wrong with mine was when pulling it out of it slumber in the snow, the tow strap pulled off the rad pipe n ended up breaking the rad :/:

Mine had no motor, 'Nuff said

well im in the same boat as you…i am also new to the 240 scene…been reading a bit on them for a few years and finally had the chance to get one…so i traded my 96 mx6 for mine so i basically only paid 300$ for it…i got it with 150,000kms on it runs very strong and it looked in really good shape until i started taking her apart lol…as for what is needed and needs…

well i needed to patch up about 5 or 6 holes in the body and frame…
need to get new fenders
needs new windsheild
need brakes
needs a tune up and oil change
and i need to spray some paint on it then change the ownership over insure and plate it and im ready to go…
when i got it…

how it sits right now…

Cracked windshield, windshield trim needed replacing. Front brake pads were worn, wiper blades were toast, oil needed to be changed badly, rad needed to be flushed, fuel filter was rusted out. I had all of that stuff fixed in the first few days except the brakes. Then other things came up later like replacing the clutch master, ignitor,the seized rear caliper I had which I just forgot to mention. I did quite a bit of work and the windshiedld glass that went in wasn’t no cheap China shit eitheir! That was just maintenance work to make things better. Tthese cars are old, like he’ll you are gonna find a car with everything fixed for cheap. So many people that fly by overnight here and push mystery cars, or buy a car, don’t take care of it, and sell it.

That’s the easy way. There’s no return on KA’s, I’d take a car with no motor any day if I were to be swapping an engine.

Clutch
Rear Struts
Rear Toe ball joints
Rear inner tie rods
One hole in frame
Tune up
All fluids changed
Massive clean up
Rear tires
Probably more I am forgetting.

all the above!

I needed $3500 for a running car that was in more or less great shape. Mine was a daily, so didn’t really have a choice.

I needed an air filter, MAF, Fuel Pump

omg…my first 240 needed about 1000 worth of shit to make it safety and about 3 litres of methyl hydrate to pass e-test

Mine needed 1/4 panel repairs, both rear calipers and pads/rotors, balljoint/tie rod - Cost about 1700 to get it on the road - Still a much better deal than making car payments on some boring silver appliance.