What do you think is wrong with my car?

DO THE WHOLE SUSP IN POLLY , IT’S WORTH IT !!!

That is the a.b.s falsely hitting , not the wheel moving

Makes the ride more rough though, no?

Not saying he’s after comfort…just sayin.

It does on these cars , SUSP is so loose on em .polly firms it up and feels solid without wrecking the ride

Gotcha. Cause I’m half-considering going to some poly stuff when I started replacing bushings in another 20k or so. Anyway, sorry for the OT…back to OP’s issue.

there was a couple times car did not move when it popped. u check ujoints. motor mounts?

im betting lcas , these cars hads many issues with them .

lca, like john said, shuttup pickles

Just makes everything feel tighter, not so much a “rougher” ride.

LOL opinions in here.

WATCH THE WHEEL MOVE FORWARD AND BACKWARDS 1"+ FROM ITS CENTER. SHIT AINT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT! GO GET THAT FIXED

/THREAD

#09-03-08-008A: Knock, Clunk or Click Noise from Front Suspension Over Small Bumps (Replace Front Lower Control and Caster Arms) - (May 26, 2010)

#10-03-09-001A: Shake/Vibration in Steering Wheel, Boom/Moan Noise at Highway Speeds on Smooth Roads (Replace Engine Mounts, Propshaft, Balance Wheel and Tire Assemblies or Correct Brake Rotor Runout) - (Feb 22, 2010)

Yours is an 08 right?

2 PIs I found 1st one sounds like it might be your issue, second not so much.

Its a 2009 (2009.5 really). It has 47k miles so I am out of bumper to bumper so they aren’t going to replace the arms for free.

I can get the OEM redesigned arms (4 total, 2 left 2 right) for 250 shipped and will replace them myself if that’s the problem.

For that much get the poly kit !!! Trust me u will love it and just as easy to install

yeah polly kit for the win.

Except for the winter. They get stiff as shit and can clunk until spring time.

If the control arms themselves are in good shape, IE not rusted around the bushings, they are easy to press out and replace with the polly’s. If they arent, sometimes they can be a bitch.

The problem with the stock arms is the un-rebuildable ball joints. This is the reason for the TSB and replacement of the arms under warranty.

youtu.be/5YBYk5gzyM4

Replacing just the bushing at the frame would only be a band-aid until the ball joint at the spindle fails.

Spohn makes a nice set of aluminum arms. They actually did away with the poly bushings and went with Delrin bushing after so many poly ones failed

your control arms are bad and you should feel bad

http://i.imgur.com/C7GtV.jpg

But they really are. I dont understand the problem though, the car has been in production from 2006 in Australia and is the same platform as the Camaro. Why do the arms suck so bad.

because they are designed to fail.

But not fail to the point that consumers demand a recall, or are replaced 3 times in 100Kmi that make people assume the car is “unreliable”.

it’s all about benjamins. Most people cant troubleshoot, and fix shit on their own. So they go to the dealer. Perfect example. 05 Caddy CTS headlights. to replace a $8 bulb, its requires you to pull the entire front bumper to get to the headlight, then pull that to replace the bulb. $20 fix turns into $200 fix. Old people dont remove bumpers in their driveway, so they fork the money over without hesitation. its all about marketing.

But yeah pollys suck in the winter and do fail also. Almost as fast as shitty rubbers. But are tighter and do handle better. Its a trade off.

Spend the money on the aftermarkets and they will be great. ORRR. if it wasnt for the balljoint not being replaceable on the OEM’s, drilling a hole and tapping the OEM’s with a grease zerk could be a help if you were just replacing the bushings.

Your car is getting old. Time to replace:

www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/chevy-confirms-what-we-already-knew-2014-ss-sedan-coming-110794/

Everything is designed to fail eventually. It’s called a service life, I can only think of a handful of things that are actually designed to last forever. That being said every chassis platform from every manufacturer has it’s own gremlins and common problems.