What do you think is wrong with my car?

Car was at Otto for a couple hours this morning. It was what we all were thinking. They will be replacing the drivers side LCAs next week, free of charge.

Score! Free is the best price!

good deal , i like free. Let us know the results of this . Also what about having them replace them and then buying aftermarket ones and selling your low mile stockers ?

God I’m good !!!

Thats a possibility. Don’t think there is much for a market for the stock ones though. You can get all 4 new from gm for ~$240.

Well you were mostly right. You said the LCA bushing, but the ball joint it whats really failing.

And I really only wanted a diagnosis from Otto, and I was planning on doing them myself since it is out of warranty. But they offered to do at least the drivers side so that’s fine with me. I will probably do the pass side pretty quick.

the ball joint was shot & loose in the socket???

From the videos I dont see how that would allow the caster angle on the spindle to move 2-3" total (fore/center/aft). Hell the ball joints on my ford ranger were so bad I was surprised they didnt fall right out of the socket, and the spindle didnt move that much forward and backwards. Think about it, if the socket is 1.5" inside dia, and the head on whats left of the ball joint itself is say 1" outside dia, and thats no way, thats only .25" movement forward and backwards.

I’m sure the bushing are worn out as well. They new arms will have new bushings. Revised design as well. I will compare the movement after they are replaced

10-4 report back buddy. another video the shot the same way would be cool too see the difference too.