what is the best brake pad?

about to order some brake pads for my integra, i am more concered about performance then anything, i dont care about noise or amount of dust. the choises are EBC yellowstuff, brembo pads, or stoptech performace pads. i would like to hear some openios before i make a desision, im also consider diffrent brands.

None of the above.

I only run Performance Friction pads, and will continue to do so.
For a street car, get their Z-rated pads.

What kind of car

dude. NWS. that shit’s ban worthy

All lame choices. PFC Z-rated is the best street pad I’ve used if you want performance.

the kind of pad that stops, is the best

the ones you cant afford are the best

I’ve used EBC on my bikes and not impressed at all, reviews aren’t that good either.

No performance pad experience for cars, but I’d listen to the two people’s suggestions above.

i have no experience with performance friction but from who is recomending them i’d trust them. i have had portifield r4-s pads on both my mr2 and my miata came with them and have been very happy with them.

Pfc only has the z pads for the type r. If you are really low and slow, hawk hp+ should be more than enough pad and they are reasonably priced as well.

:rofl

If you’re not going to use the car on a racetrack then go to the auto parts store and buy brake pads from there because no matter how hard you stunt you’re still not going to notice any difference while driving down Central Avenue in rush hour traffic.

the performance friction pads have good reviews, but like SPD said they only make them for the type R, they do have the Carbon Metallic ones for the DA integra’s which are step below the Z rated, but the reviews are not bad for them.

PFC doesn’t make anything for my cars :frowning:

You have the ECS front calipers on the S4 right? IIRC, you said they were the same as Porsche big reds or something, so the pad should be the same. I’d think they would make something for the rear of the S4 as well.

low n slow, Hawks will do just fine for any street driving you’re doing

If you want to auto-x or other road course than go with supplied opinions up top. If it is 95% street car than a typical ceramic or semi metallic pad will do fine. Most cars stock will lock up the brakes plenty on a single stop. High end track pads have the ability to do it multiple times at much higher heat. Some pads even need a lap or two to get in the heat range where they work best. Pads are one part of a system that is also part of a much larger system (the car) The best brakes available wont help stopping distance even slightly if you’re on a 175/70R13 tire.

The front calipers use 993 TT pads.