what oil is best?

Back to life comes this thread! :batman:

Anyway…can you safely run Redline MT90 75W90 (GL-4) in our R200V diffs? Because the FSM states otherwise (GL-5 required), and so does the Redline product (“Not designed for use in RWD diffs requiring GL-5…”)

http://forums.son240sx.ca/album_pic.php?pic_id=584

So, does any of it matter? Does it work fine & be done with it or is it a bad idea or maybe a better product to recommend?

10W 30 in the SR Mobil 1 only oil i will use other than royal purple

in the 929

Valvoline high mileage, shit really works.

DO NOT USE LUCAS ATF ADDITIVE I HAD A PEREFECTLY GOOD TRANNY AND A DAY LATER IT COMPLEATLY STOPED WORKING

i will never ever use lucas again.

i added the lucas atf additive and it over swelled the seals and now R and D are like neutral

horrible shit.

I work at a lube shop, And i’d definately not put in any GL-4 grade oil in your diff. My suggestion for the o.e.m diff, dont waste your money and use redline/royal purple or any high grade stuff. its not worth it. PM me, I can hook you up at my work if you’d like…

Regular Castrol GL-5 Gear Oil Diff Change is $39.99
Syntec Castrol Oil Diff Change is $99.99
We also have Quaker State and O.E.M gear oil’s…

Well hope that helps… If you come to my work ill give ya 10% off regular GL-5. And 15% off Syntec Oil’s.

^^^ Thanks man.

However, I was offered $79.99 at a local Mr. Lube for Mobil 1 Synthetic Diff oil when I told them I had a 240 (didn’t know Mobil made it…I guess it would be GL-5…?) Does that sound right/good IYO? Have you heard of the stuff at your location etc (assuming I want to go synthetic)?

If your going Synthetic at a Mr.Lube, The best stuff is the Syntec/Mobil 1 for 240’s

^^^ Just did it for $79.99 at Mr. Lube, went from black crap to Mobil 1 synthetic “honey”. Yummy. 8)