What should i do?

First I would like to say hi to everyone I havent posted anything on this site in about a year, since I parted out my 92 hatch.

Here whats on my mind, since i parted out my 240 I picked up a clean 95 civic cx hatch and it came with a shitty 70hp oil burning engine. After doing alot of research I bought a jdm d15b sohc vtec engine with 130 hp and did the engine swap myself the swap came with the rare jdm lsd 5spd tranny and I installed a new oem honda flywheel and stage 2 competition clutch and SRI, my plan was to turbo it this summer and make 220whp on a car that barely breaks a ton not bad in my eyes.

every since I did the swap that nissan feeling started coming back and all i think about is the days when I was planning to do the rb25det to my 240, now its got me stuck in the middle. Should i keep going with my civic or buy a clean s13 and do the rb25det swap?.

I’ve put $3000 in to my civic thats with the price of the car aswell and to complete this project ill need to spend another 5000-6000 thats turbo kit, tune suspension, rims & tires, paint and custom leather interior.
I also im working on a lexus rx330 retrofit in to my rare denji lights for my civic.

At this point would you give up or finish the project?

Thanks and sorry for the long read :slight_smile:

zc turbo ftw. if i was gunna drop a motor in a crx/civic it would only be the zc.

Its gunna cost 2-3gs to get into a s chassis thats not rotted out. 1500+ for a rb25, then the mounts or crossmember which ever way you go, exhaust, wideband, fmic, intake etc…

the way i see it its gunna be about equal in the end.

if you decide to sell it/part it out, i might know someone interested in the zc motor.

zc engines are nice put finding one with low kms… not likely and thats why I bought the Jdm d15b it has 50km on it :slight_smile: and thanks for the reply

When it comes to cars, I dont like to settle for something. Usually I will just be unhappy with result and end up spending even more money.

I say sell the civic, grab a 240 shell and do the work.

GL

Yeas, RWD>FWD…not sayin FWD has no place in the scheme of things…RWD is just better.

^^^^ im not arguin against that aha, jsut sayin a zc turbo would be a sick set up to have

Being as you are asking 240 owners what you should do, I think you have your mind made up :slight_smile:

Ask yourself this, will you regret selling the honda if you go back to 240?? My guess is no.

In the end it’s your money so you should make the decision yourself. I personally wouldn’t go into the trouble of turboing an engine that was never meant to be turboed to begin with. (I’m sure Theo will disagree :P)

But based on what you have said, it seems like you are a kid and you care a lot about what people think you should do. Either have a “Sick” RB25 240sx or a “Sick” Turbo’d Civic.

I’ll leave it up to the other members on this 240sx forum to help your decision. :slight_smile:

[y]http://www.youtube.com/v/NAl180zN3Z0&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/y]

“hella clean, dang”

heres the link incase the embed doesnt work.

first off Im not a kid im older then u foball lol like that even matters and I dont can what people think plus Ive never been to a tcc meet and doint plan on going and the only 240 meet I went to was bings… Im not going to sell the civic.

its keep the civic and get a 240 or just dump the coin in the civic, only reason why I asked was since I haven’t been in to 240 scene in a awhile, is it worth it cause back then it was hard to find a clean 240 so im thinking its only harder unless ppl have found a great connect, and the price of the rb25 seemed to have dropped a bit.

anyway thanks for all the response :slight_smile:

Nothings changed man, Its still hard to find a Clean S-Chassis. It all depends on what “YOU” want to do with your money. Fail wheel drive power house or clean 240 for what ever purposse you want to use it for.

We cant help you here.

SO I think Im just going to keep my civic…as a winter car and hopefully this summer be back in the 240 sence with all of you. Thanks for the posts and lol to that fail wheel drive comment, I know ppl with civics that would spank 90% of the cars here. :slight_smile:

I did say fail wheel drive power house didnt i? Besides the fact it all depends what use you have for the car thats why i referred to it as a fail wheel drive as it has no use to me except maybe dd. Glad you made your mind up

Sorry. Based on your original post, you did seem like a kid to me.

My apologies. It’s your money, do what you want.

NO offense to any1 but a civic with 500hp or whatever is still a shit civic…civic owners will always drive like jackasses dont know why but they do…

I own a Civic. Do you happen to know how I drive?

^lol me too clean title as well.

Yes I do I’ve been watching you Mark…na you know what I mean not all of them drive like jackasses but dont tell me ever so often you dont see a civic weaving in and out of lanes with loud ass exhaust…

I know what you mean but try not to be too stereotypical next time. It all really depends on the driver and the type of Civic + what has been done to it.

There are tons of 2006 - 2010 stock Civics that are driven by suburban moms and dads. They don’t really seem to drive like jackasses.

I’ve actually noticed a lot more young 240 owners driving like idiots…trying to “drift” at every corner to make it seem like they are drifters. I’ve seen this several times and it embarrasses me at times being a 240 owner myself.