whats everyone's set up for this season?

i was woundering what every one’s set up was for this upcoming season?

Sounds like a thread that is going to spawn a whole lot of “My car just got stolen” threads…but I’m not in Ontario sooo

92 240SX
30mm Z32 front brakes
Ichiba 5 lug front and R32 rear
Stance coils (still haven’t fixed the top plate issue, Stance sucks)
Volk Queen II rims (16x8 +13, 16x9+13)
225/50R16 Hankook Z212 R-S2 all around
NRG front and rear strut bars
Whiteline poly bushings in FLCA
Bings.ca front TC rods
PDM rear subframe spacers
Stealth Custom Fab TC bracket (like Nismo power brace, but without the unlubed cock in your ass)
AMS Hammer shift knob

Coming soon:

225/50R16 RT-615 front
245/45R16 R-S2 rear

Zenki front lip
Factory sideskirts
Type-X rear lip

KA-T with:
XSPower manifold
GTi-R T28
Dart Izumi exhaust
Test pipe
Garret Precision FMIC
HKS SQV BOV
Blitz boost gauge (later to be replaced by full STRI DSD gauges)

Better seats

HICAS elimination (new subframe with metal bushings)
Bings.ca full rear multi link

If you wanna find out what I’m running under the hood?

Your gonna have to find out the hard way! :wink:

You’re gonna make me find out the hard way? You’re brave! You’re brave. They call me Hector. Got a last name too, but I can’t pronounce it.

Nice setup Peter, that will be a fun car to track.
Don’t weld your diff, you’ve invested in decent parts to this point. Get yourself a Kaaz 1.5 or 2 way diff. Stick with the 1.5 if you plan to do some lapping here and there.

Andrew.

-I’m Brian Spilner

Same as last year +

• bigger turbo
  • better wheels/tires (track only)
  • couple of trinkets/knick-knacks here and there under the hood

All pending until $$$ is met :hs:

Fresher SR20 Motor
Slight Turbo and Injector upgrade
Autronic SM4 Standalone

Just a nice little, responsive 300rwhp setup.

:cool: Reason for SM4?

I’m not cool enough to have big power mods on my car :frowning:
Power: high flow cats, intake tube from 350z, mrev + plenum spacer
Suspension: Some sort of shock and spring setup, I wanted coilovers but will be wintering the car next year, so it’s not an option.
Brakes: Hawk HP+ pads all around
Baller-ness: Volk Challenges in 19x9.5F 10.5R, 255/275 tire.

And no more Solara :frowning:

^^^ don’t run the HP+ in the fall or early spring if you want to avoid breaking your neck… All you need is HPS, the HP+ is not worth it for you. You will listen to squeaking that will be louder than your stereo.

Andrew.

Because Autronic makes, argueably, the best standalone for the money. Time will tell…

I’ve been deciding between the two, and the reason why I was leaning toward the HP+ is that the G is a fatty boing boing, and fades brakes way faster than a 240. I remember going around Shannonville with David in his 350 with HPS, and he’d fade those in like… ONE lap lol. Admittedly, that’s track vs. street, but my weaksauce pads lasted a good 4-5 laps on my 240. That’s why I think my car needs more pad.

Listen to the man he speaks the truth. HP+ would be a very poor pad for fall - spring driving. And why oh god why would you put noisy brakes on a sweet lux ride like a G? Nice HPS and good rotors should be more the enough.

I highly doubt its “fade” that was experianced, more likely fluid boil.

Hmm, sounds good. I’ll look into getting that crazy Motul fluid that Andrew was running then. I thought that he was fading the pads, but then again, I wasn’t driving the car, so I couldn’t really tell. I have faded my pads on the G in street driving, but my current pads are definitely not as good as the HPS, so maybe they will be enough.

2JZ! :slight_smile:

Typical white boy name.

That’s the typical son mentality. See what other people use / need on the track and then get it for street use.

Solarian, take your G to the track first and then decide whether or not you want HP+. HPS is more than enough in my opinion. I don’t know why everyone wants HP+ pads, and 300zx brakes.

:picard:

Yay its lets show off our shit day :smiley:

LOL, Mark, you need to eat waaay more Quiznos before you can talk :stuck_out_tongue:
The HPS failed on the track, miserably, in a car that is somewhat lighter than my G. So I already know they’re not good enough for track duty. Street pads on my 240 on the other hand were fine, so on a 240SX yes, there would not even be a doubt in my mind, I’d get HPS right away. Due to the G weighing 800lbs more than my S13, I figured it would be adequate to go with more aggressive pads than I normally would, to offset for the weight.