Wheel stud just spinning...can't get lug off

As the title suggests. I am one lug away from rocking my new wheels but the stud has come loose and just spins. I can’t put enough pressure on the stud so that only the lug spins.

Any words of wisdom?

S-chassis?

can you see behind the dam thing?

the backing plates usually have a location where one could remove/replace wheel studs without dissasembling the whole upright.

Maybe a grinding wheel on a Dremel through the access point on the backing plate?

Just trying to brainstorm here, maybe inspire another idea…

or a tiny tack weld onto the hub/stud through the access point?

is the stud spinning because it’s not fully in its seat or because the splines are facked?

if the splines are chooched you may want to use a new stud

can you tap it into its seat from behind the hub with a mallet or other tool?

i would suggest cutting the stud as i imagine the knurl is stripped.

is this a oem stud?

I don’t know if the knurls are done or if it just came unseated. I can’t really get behind it in my little home garage…

cut it off and replace it, thats what i had to do

my suggestion was based one fubared splines… for it to become unseated that lugnut would have been dangerously loose…

this just happened to me and i solve the problems in 10 mins I took a cement chisel and punched a hole in the center of my lug nut then took a thin drill bit and drilled into the stud, then a 1/4 drill bit and drilled the rest out then hit the cement chisel back into it and bent it back and forth about 3 times till it just broke off clean. then put a new stud in.