Where to buy Ammonia?

I’m going to take some tint off tomorrow, where can I pick up ammonia locally?

[quote=“93dx–hatch”"]

I’m going to take some tint off tomorrow, where can I pick up ammonia locally?

[/quote]

Wegmanns.

other then what’s in glass cleaner ( or other ammonia solutions), ammonia is a gas and that’s not what you want. If you’re looking for gas…go to the nearest hospital and pick up some smelling salts.

I’m sure I have some glass cleaner with ammonia in it, I just thought there was something with a stronger concentration than glass cleaner

you should be able to get it at a super market…we used to use it at the pizzeria i worked at to wash the floors.

are you retinting your windows after you take it off? mine are illegal and i’m not sure if i have to take it off myself then get it redone, or i can just take it somewhere and they’ll handle removal.

Back in the day we used to make blue prints with ammonia.(No old jokes)
Maybe Seneca Blue Print might sell it.
BE CAREFUL - IT WILL BURN YOUR EYES AND LUNGS BADLY.

i’m not sure what concentration is in glass cleaner, i’m sure its not high… but a 30% ammonium solution is going to cost you around $50 for a 2.5 liter bottle

I am just taking the tint off, I am not going to re-tint.

I was quoted $60 for the back window, since I don’t have too much other work to do tomorrow I am going to do it my self. I have removed tint before on my Jetta, it wasn’t that bad

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:6,topic:30546"”]

i’m not sure what concentration is in glass cleaner, i’m sure its not high… but a 30% ammonium solution is going to cost you around $50 for a 2.5 liter bottle

[/quote]

fuck that I’ll just try glass cleaner then

anxiously awaiting RedGoober’s response…

Big lots. they have it in containers like bleach. just pick up a spray bottle and ur good to go

ammonia in stronger concentrations is not really something that you want to play with.

hahaha. I have nothing.

Although you could certainly buy anhydrous ammonia…and then freeze your windows! And yourself! It would be swell. Or raise the temperature for autoignition.

It seems like Parson’s Sudsy Ammonia is around 10% ammonia, and the kind that is at the drug store is 27%.

And windex is 28%. I’m not sure if the other concentrations are based on %/%concentration (which is by and far the stupidest way to list a concentration…THEY’RE NOT PERCENTS THEN) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windex

Of course, this is Wikipedia. Even the CRC manual has a ton of errors in it, so Wikipedia must be a real treat. I’m inclined to believe that anything over 10% by weight wouldn’t be sold to the general public of stupid people.

they have a tint remover kit at advance for like 5 bucks

^ what does the kit consist of?

[quote=“93dx–hatch,post:14,topic:30546"”]

^ what does the kit consist of?

[/quote]

a minority and a paint scraper.

hahahahahaha yessssssssss

my brother eused the tint remover “kit” and it worked ok, but it was on a side window not a rear

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:15,topic:30546"”]

a minority and a paint scraper.

[/quote]

Dammit I hate it when I burst out laughing in a quiet office. Gee no boss, I’m working I swear. :rofl:

Anyhow, go to wegmans, to the aisle/section with the mopping solutions. Bottom shelf. Not sure what the concentration is, but it’s just labeled “ammonia.”

So whats really in the Kit, I’m not paying $5 for 5oz of windex and a razor blade

Paying for ammonia and the like? NA! just boil the water out of a load of your piss and ur good to go.