Where to get flywheel resurfaced?

well if you wanna bring the bolts over thats cool…if ur not gonna use them, cause for the pressure plate bolts and the flywheel bolts it came to 40$

Because his shop is down here…

and hunts is where he does his machine work…

Im sure he could hook you up for a good price

i sent him a PM and the flywheel is there so, we will see whats up…

yeah, those are stretch bolts from the factory. some people replace, other just chance it…

Flywheel doesnt use stretch bolts…

as long as they look fine im sure theyre fine just use them…

if not go to Fastenall and get some from them

i figured they strech like head bolts so i figured what the hell why not replace them

i’d like proof. every single car i’ve turned a wrench on has them.

then don’t post your financial situation and personal business on a public forum if you don’t want to hear someone’s opinion.

i doubt ive turned as many as you have but the few ive worked on all used Grade 10/12 bolts

these were “reused” flywheel bolts from a nissan:
http://black04specv.myspecv.com/IMG_2863.jpg
here are the bolts:
http://black04specv.myspecv.com/IMG_2860.jpg
guess i don’t see the point in rolling the dice, but hey, everyone likes learning the hard way or doing jobs twice.:Idiots

+1

If the car is the reason you might lose the roof over your head, sell it.

Those are hex head bolts or whatever i dont fuckin know what you call emm, not sure what those are off of.

Im almost 100% sure 240’s at least as ive worked on a few use grade 10 or 12 cant remember solid bolts…

My car does as well…

Pete im not saying its not worth it to get new bolts

6 new flywheel bolts will cost him 4-5 bucks at fastenal

Ando those look like they were cross threaded and over torqued

either way i got new ones

and with my nissan discount they were 4.86 a bolt (regular price= 6.50)

240s do not use strech bolts for the flywheel

bring em on over jeff so i can get my 29.16$ back lmao

youre gonna get charged a restocking fee…

no i wont, they know me by name and i get discounts i would be suprised if they make me pay

Ouch!

the only time stretch bolts are used is with a fixed washer ,outside of that they are not torque to yield and ya can reuse them just gott trq them right not over trq them

thanks for the info.

every car i’ve worked on that i can think of has, regardless of grade, most are designed for single use.

the bolts on the picture were from an '02 sentra iirc.