Where to get flywheel resurfaced?

pete’s got a niggahs back, holla!
:number1 WOO! :number1

not all …a lot of forien ones do yes ,but most domestics dont and ya can reuse em if trqed right and not impacted on wit a 1/2 air gun on steroids

really?

i’m learning something new everyday. this is taken directly from a service manual:
CAUTION-
Flywheel mounting bolts should be replaced any time the flywheel is removed. They are stretch bolts, designed to be used only once. Install new bolts using threadlocker or equivalent.

i dunno man… every time i’ve pulled the flywheel i’ve replaced. They are usually a grade 10.9, but that has nothing to do with the composition of the bolt (the material.) if they are truly designed to be reused, then they would hold the proper torque when tightened down. this is why they should be replaced.

MOST flywheel bolts are TTY(torque to yeild). They strech and once taken out they cannot be reused.

thank you.

not doubting ya at all ,i think the only ones a have replaced when doin clutches and shit was on mitsu, audi ,and a 240 nissan i think and mitchell said to in the trq specs all other that i remeber never said to

rofl either way they are getting replaced

audi definitely calls for them to be replaced. the excerpt i posted was from a vw service manual.

Good, b/c a flywheel coming undone WILL go right through your floorboard and take your legs with it.

oh i know …but in all honesty i dont care :lol

rofl, that would not be fun…loctite too then? haha

:thumbup:rofl

just looked in another service manual for kicks. this is a bmw e28 one… covers '82-'88.

says they are “stretch-type mounting bolts and must not be reused”. says to apply loctite 270 or equivalent.

I’ll be @ Hunts tomorrow morning assembling Jason’s JP motor. Should be there by 10 but I have to go grab an extra engine stand from my shop first. If I’m there ask and I’ll pop out into the lobby and say hello.

You work there??

will do, thanks papa bear

will do, ill be up by ten if they dont call me before then

I perform engine machine work out of there for my business, and some odd-ball engine assembly for Dave on occasion. Years ago my uncle used to own the machine shop and the old crank/valve grinding equipment which he sold to Dave when Hunts opened. He(Mark) continued to work for Dave as a partner for many years, and still works there during retirement assembling motors for Dave. They’re all family to me and I’m at the machine quite often. Half a dozen or so members here have met me down there while I was working.

i really like dave and his old lady. they are such nice people.

Yes they certainly are. Nancy hasn’t worked at the shop for 2-3 years now though. Retired a little early and does the at home thing :slight_smile:

Remember weve both had our arguments with this…

Your german cars are far diff than our jap cars lol…

What applies to your cars doesnt always apply to ours, I remember we had this discussion when working on the M3…

I know at least my car and the 240 does not use stretch bolts…