where to intern

well i goto BOCES for auto tech and for our senior year its mandatory that we do an internship. i want to intern at innovative but i dont know if i can because my teacher wants me to go from 8am to 10 am and they dont open until 10. anyone have any suggestions to where i can go?

Look around for some businesses that are reputable and are close by. Nothing sucks more than having to drive 30 minutes to a job thats only an internship.

I say just call around to the places you wouldn’t mind working and see if they offer internships. Also why does it have to be 8am-10am?

yeah thats true, it has to be during that time because thats when i have BOCES before going back to school.

auto zone :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:4,topic:25771"”]

auto zone :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

haha, i wanna be working on cars, not selling parts lol

dude you can work on cars. you clear “emergency lights” and put in windsheild washer fluid. etc.

sounds exciting

after some of your threads, please post where you are working so no one takes their vehicle there

[quote=“66impalass,post:8,topic:25771"”]

after some of your threads, please post where you are working so no one takes there vehicle there

[/quote]

o snap:eekdance:

Ouch, burned

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:6,topic:25771"”]

dude you can work on cars. you clear “emergency lights” and put in windsheild washer fluid. etc.

[/quote]

Ooo don’t forget checking batteries!

I doubt he needs to be trained on any of that, autozone is out, trust me.

[quote=“66impalass,post:8,topic:25771"”]

after some of your threads, please post where you are working so no one takes their vehicle there

[/quote]

and you’re a master tech? how bout you stay out of my thread and stop being a dick, k thanks:2fingers:

http://users.adelphia.net/~cdabable/ohsnap2.jpg

You might want to try normal dealerships. I know my brother interned at a Ford dealer when he went to that course.

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:13,topic:25771"”]

and you’re a master tech? how bout you stay out of my thread and stop being a dick, k thanks:2fingers:

[/quote]

Dude you wired a VAFC wrong :lolham:

[quote=“66impalass,post:15,topic:25771"”]

Dude you wired a VAFC wrong :lolham:

[/quote]

Yes and I’m sure most 17 year olds could wire a VACF, or even know what the fuck a VAFC is for that matter, nothing pisses me off me more than fuckers that expect a fucken high school student who has had their driver license for like a year to be some sort of master tech, you find me one person that didnt fuck somthin up learning and then you can talk, and last time I checked going to school for auto and going on an internship was trying to learn, Learn, thats all young guys are trying to do, thats why where on these borard, ya dont see us piping up about things we dont know about, we just sit back dont post and read. this isnt a “I’m a great tech where can I work” Theard, it a where can I go to learn thread. so theres my rant on people hatin on guys who have little experiance and are just tryin to learn, so lay off, cause everyone was there at one point.

[quote=“IKSHO89,post:16,topic:25771"”]

Yes and I’m sure most 17 year olds could wire a VACF, or even know what the fuck a VAFC is for that matter, nothing pisses me off me more than fuckers that expect a fucken high school student who has had their driver license for like a year to be some sort of master tech, you find me one person that didnt fuck somthin up learning and then you can talk, and last time I checked going to school for auto and going on an internship was trying to learn, Learn, thats all young guys are trying to do, thats why where on these borard, ya dont see us piping up about things we dont know about, we just sit back dont post and read. this isnt a “I’m a great tech where can I work” Theard, it a where can I go to learn thread. so theres my rant on people hatin on guys who have little experiance and are just tryin to learn, so lay off, cause everyone was there at one point.

[/quote]

thank you.

I still say call around. Do you plan to go to college or continue working after h/s? If you plan to continue working even during the summer call places you’d like to work. Most internships end in employment anyways, for a college bound it could mean a full time summer job.

Call around to dealerships, etc.

[quote=“IKSHO89,post:16,topic:25771"”]

[/quote]

Ehhh not worth it…

I know just ignore my rant just had to vent, nothin aginst ya, you wher just the latest offender.