White Smoke

My dad has a '90 mx 6 he bought for a beater and is trying to get running…he says it blows white smoke when you start it up but then it quits and he has drivin it to work a fews times and the drive is about an hour long and it hasnt blown up yet so he doesn’t think its anything serious…any suggestions?

The car did sit a lil while before being run again and it has around 100,000 miles on it…2 liter automatic

Burning oil maybe.

would that be valve seals? He said that someone told him it might be the vacuum for the tranny anyone ever heard of that?

white is usually from antifreeze

so then that would be head gasket?

Headgasket was my very first thought, but he said it stops after a few minutes and the car runs fine…unless it’s a very minor gasket issue.

thats what im thinkin. its a headgasket… check the oil. see if it looks milky. thats the first way to look and diagnose it. more then likely the problem.

thnx

go behind the car and see if you smell a sweet scent. if its only blowing a white kind of smoke in the morning then its just cold and its condensation ( same reason why people get water coming out of their exhaust and freak out :rofl: )

just like don said, check to see if the oil is milky, and see if your exhaust smells sweet

Any particular sweet smell? lol

that was a lil gay it happens :bash:

just a sweet smell i dont know how to or what to compare it to lol

Alright appreciate the help