who thinks they went overboard with Classifieds?

re dick u less

Wasn’t it over-moderation and a lack of listening to the user base that led to the demise of UBRF and the proliferation of NYSpeed in the first place?

Basically if it really pisses people off someone will start another forum and users will jump ship again since it’s not real hard to add another site to your favorites. I’ll stick around and see where this goes, but I really think it’s a step in the wrong direction.

is howie still alive lol?? he hasnt posted a single thing up in this thread.

Shockingly enough, who do you think gave the final “OK” to do this? You guessed it.

I can’t believe rubicant is still replying to this lol

It’s a fucking car forum…I can’t believe you spend all this time writing replies about the way a fucking sale sub forum is run…

I know, I know… :lol:

Actually, No. But that’s another discussion for another time.

I don’t know if this is possible, but I think that other users should be able to submit a question to be posted to the thread and then be reviewed by a mod. If the question is legit then allow the post to be put on the thread and if it is irrelevant and makes no sense then hand out a ban or something along those lines. Then the seller then has the ability to post an answer.

This seems like more of a hassle for the seller because s/he could potentially answer the same question dozens of times.

Don’t know if that is possible though.

Posts in a section can be moderator approved before they’re shown. That would be way more work than simply moderating the forum though.

:picard: See? You are not reading. YOU CAN DO THIS NOW, WITHOUT A MOD. YOU DO IT YOURSELF!!! :picard:

No, my livelihood doesnt depend on anything with the FS section but I do like being able to buy and sell thing hassle free and this is adding unneeded hassle.
As for the I contribute nothing to the site, I sure hope that doesn’t mean the local automotive community because that would be laughable. I have never made a monetary contribution to the site but I have definitely offered my knowledge and have lent a hand to many NYSpeeders when needed, and there are many who can vouch for that (Unlike in our new for sale threads)

i kinda like it its less bashing and ruining of my fs and wtb threads

I think we should leave the mods be so this can be finished and tested and then re-open this thread for discussion.

Fighting about this before it’s even done is FUCKING RETARDED.
They don’t fucking care about your opinion, they’re going to do it their way no matter what you all say.

^go take a lap.

^i agree.

you can stay.

i think it just comes down to the fact that people dont like change, especially when it limits them more than before. who cares people, take it to pm’s, i honestly dont see a problem with this working. less drama= more sale productivity.

One thing to add to what I said, Could we have some form of mod reviewed posts in things such as WTHire threads? because PMing people with suggestions may not be the best idea, likely they’re going to recieve mass amounts of PM’s about the same places over and over.

Just a thought.

Curious to see how this works out…:tup:

We refer to this in real life as “nerd with power syndrome”.

See, he’s spent his entire life without any real friends. When women hate you and the best you could do in real life was some ugly ass, fat 30 y/o married woman, then you’d relish being able to harness power over 500 web dudes. I mean, LZ if your life consisted of cruising engadget.net for “cool” things to post on a car forum, this is a major point of self worth.

Truly, what’s better than after a long night in with the Final Fantasy gang, than going online and exercising some REAL POWER!

^You bitch about tighter control of people going OT in the classifieds, then fill the feedback thread on this topic with useless OT banter? Irony?

OMG you’re right what was i thinking! Forgive me for straying off topic. :roll2:

[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about Rx3 or Rubicant or both :rofl: