Who tips at full service gas stations?

me and a buddy were wondering. i do when i go to them hardly ever though. and he dosnt. wondering what other people do?

If I ever did a full service, I would for sure.

now with poll, i hate typing on my phone lol im aware that the third choice that do should be to, before anyone feels like pointing it out to me

yep, ill tip him. whats an 1 or 2 ontop of what i spent.

1. Rarely do I let someone pump for me, so if I end up at full service it’s due to lack of options.

2. It’s not like a restaurant and can tip on a credit card, so no as I never carry cash.

full service gas stations still exist except on the res?

I usually tip the guy a buck.

yep there was one in Rochester i would frequent because it was always .10$ cheaper than the DIY stations. Id always throw the guy an extra buck or two. Now I could see not tipping maybe in a state where every station is full service.

if i were to CHOOSE to go to a full service station i would certainly hand over a tip. however on the other hand if i am FORCED to have someone pump for me like in the dirty jerz then nope

They all are in NJ. Gas is much cheaper there, so you still make out.

If I went to one I would. But as its been said its a rare ocasion that I dont pump my own gas.

if I end up at a full service pump it’s because I’m in a state that requires it (like NJ). so no tip.

why would you tip? they are paid a normal hourly wage unlike a waitress.

If its insanely cold and your obviously to pussy to pump yerself you should atleast give em a few bucks.

I will go out of my way to pump my own gas. I don’t even have nice cars, I just hate the fact that they always find a way to dump gas all over the side of my car so I have to smell it on the way home. Plus I hate the “do I tip” dilemma, and I’m also cheap.:slight_smile: I even pump my own on the res. Once in a blizzard I gave a few bucks at the Salamanca res- that guy deserved it.

I spent quite a bit of time pumping gas at a full service station on the rez back home during high school and summer breaks. If the guy does something to warrant a tip (check the oil or wash the window etc) I’ll tip a buck, maybe two if the windshield was real bad with bugs and he did a good job. If he just stands there and watches the gas fill up I don’t.

When I was doing the job I never felt I deserved a tip if all I did was put some gas in. Generally I’d make enough to pay for a burger and fries fries from the cheap restaurant up the street and definitely appreciated it. The regular tippers definitely got preferential service (all windows washed, free top off of washer fluid even when we weren’t officially offering that with a fillup, priority over other customers etc).

Wouldn’t tipping be the same as paying the extra ten cents per gallon to do it yourself if not more?

I love tipping people for their work… I didn’t even know I was suppose to or people did tip the full services dudes

But I don’t go to them … you have no idea how many times they have put in 87 or have gotten close to putting 87, in my tank, when I tell them 93 only

a guy put regular gas in my dad’s diesel truck (and it was on, running, and said TURBO DIESEL on the side :picard:)

no tip for him

always do, but i wipe cars at delta sonic so i know how it feels not to get tipped